Thursday, March 20, 2014

So Many Reasons to Be Thankful Card - Fussy cutting

Once I got used to it, I started to love fussy cutting out my stamped images, such as the sunflower in this card. I might stamp a bunch of them, then cut them out when I am watching tv.

 I use Cutterbee scissors that are sharp, small and fit my hand well. I turn the paper instead of my hand.  With practice, it goes quickly, and you don't need a fancy cutting machine or dies.  I also hand trimmed out a simple tag shape for this card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Gina K Harvest of Wishes Mini Stamp Set (sunflower)
Gina K You're My Favorite Mini stamp set (sentiment)
Ink: Archival Jet Black
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost&Found Two, Sunshine, 6x6 inch pad



This card is submitted to the following challenge:

11 comments:

Karen Hightower said...

Love this card. Wonderful colors and the flowers are great. :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks so much!

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous! I am loving this color scheme lately myself! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks so much! It was fun to play along!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thank you! I am enjoying the challenges a lot!

Victoria Lavender said...

Gorgeous! That's quite a lot of cutting there!...and thank you for the nice comment on my card.
cheers, Victoria Lavender

Leslie said...

Absolutely stunning card! Love your choice of papers and of course those GKD stamps! Thanks so much for playing in my "Cut It Out!" challenge this week at Mod Squad Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

Carol L said...

You've done some great fussy cutting on this pretty card! I love to do that too :)
Love those sunflower images and how you placed them on the tag! Pretty card!

scrappymo! said...

Great fussy cutting...and great card!

Unknown said...

I really like how you stamped the sunflowers on a really subtle pattern paper. You did a lovely job fussy cutting those sunflowers. I also like how you added the lace and ribbon to only half the card. Very pretty.