Friday, April 28, 2017

Masculine Birthday card

Hello!  A quick share today because I am down to the last few minutes to enter at Sketch Saturday and combo with some other challenges too.  I loved this past week's sketch and just now was able to finish my card.


The background was stamped with Distress Oxide ink on a very pale green cardstock.  You get a very aged look when you do the Watercolor stamping on lighter cardstock (as opposed to the bleached look on dark cardstocks that I showed here).  I really like both looks!


Then I finished up the sketch with simple stamping with a nice silhouette of a bicycle.  I am hoping this will work for boys of all ages. I like the throwback style of bike and the jacks on the patterned paper scrap.

Supplies: Hero Arts Numbers background stamp and CL481 stamp set, Versafine Onyx black ink, Distress Oxide ink Iced Spruce, My Mind's Eye Hootenanny 6x6 patterned paper pad, cardstock from my stash

I would love to participate in these challenges:
Sketch Saturday #460
A Blog Named Hero -Anything Goes with Hero Arts
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday challenge -Anything Goes
SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge - We've Got your Number


So many pretty things are growing this time of year.  I wanted to share this sweet little Christmas Cactus cutting that has started to grow lots of new leaf segments!  My MIL let me take this cutting in February, and now it is really taking off.  Hard to see in the photo, but even the single segment leaf cutting has new growth.  This is actually a Thanksgiving cactus, but most people don't mind which holiday you call it.  

(You might need to click on this photo to enlarge it.)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

13 comments:

Marina said...

The sketch and all your elements work beautifully together. I love the colours and the numbers background.

Beth Norman said...

Your sketch worked out well. This is a great card for boys and men of all ages as you said. Love the colour scheme.

Emma Williams said...

This is such a lovely card and I adore the background you've created with the numbers! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Viv said...

Super masculine card Heidi, I really struggle making those. Pretty cactus too ;) Viv xx

Carol L said...

This is very nice, and I love the piercing around the panel's edges. Great use of that fabulous ink once again too :)

wannabcre8tive said...

A cute card. I love the bicycle image and the piercing.

aussie aNNie said...

Everything works and looks marvelous together...love the inking.xx ♥[aNNie]

Tracy Freeman said...

I really like this, it works so perfectly together and the way you have offset the two pieces of card looks fab.
Thank you for sharing with us at A Blog Named Hero x

Mac Mable said...

Yes the card would work for all ages, my DH talks about the 'old' bike style often! Lovely colour combination and liking the effect of the oxides x Well done on the plant surviving and indeed thriving x

Cat Craig said...

great card, I love that background stamp for birthday cards especially guy cards. Congrats on the green thumb your cactus looks great.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh does that bike bring back memories, love the background with it too. Wow looks like the cactus is doing very well!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love that old style bike! What a great card.

scrappymo! said...

Great cards I like your design here...that is a wonderful bicycle stamp!