Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Cling Wrap Stamping Technique & Video


I am really going out on a limb to try new things (and am very nervous) today to give YouTube a try.  This is all new to me, but you've got to start somewhere!

  I recently had an idea for a stamping technique to create a cool, distressed look with any of your silhouette stamps.  I am loving how it turns out, and how much fun I have when I do this technique, so I wanted to share it with everyone.  It is really fast, easy and best of all, does not involve any special supplies.  I call it Cling Wrap Stamping.

(Watch here or in HD at Youtube.)

Notes about this technique:
  • I was able to get good results using every ink I tried (chalk, dye, pigment, oxide, etc),  so chances are, you have an inkpad that will work.
  • If you are worried your ink may dry out on your stamps before you get it stamped, just huff on it (breathe hot air) to re-wet the ink, and then stamp.
  • I got great results with both rubber and clear stamps!
  • Your results will look a little different every time and that is part of the fun!

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Haunted House Silhouette, Witch with Broom Silhouette, Sentiment set 1, Just Flyin By sentiment, Distress Ink Black Soot, Kaleidacolor Berry Blaze Ink, Gina Marie Designs square dies, MFT Pierced Square dies, DCWV Citrus Stack papers, American Crafts Pumpkin Patch 6x6 paper pad, Gina K Designs Made with Love 6x6 paper pad



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

33 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Very clever of you to come up with a new technique Heidi . . . and cool too! LOVE it and what a great job on a first video! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks so much, Hazel, for your supportive comments! I appreciate it and am glad you were able to stop by today!

Janine said...

Looks fun will have to give it a try. Love the witch card

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such unique ways to use stamps with the cling wrap. Love the cards you made. Also I am following by email now.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That's great! I hope you have fun with it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That's so sweet, thanks for following my blog. I appreciate it!

Marina said...

What a fabulous technique and such a great video! You made doing a video look so easy too - I have tried making a video and it was not easy , I found it impossible to get a good angle. So well done fgor that...and the cards you made are fantastic.

lostinpaper said...

Congratulations Heidi, I am heading straight to Youtube to check out your video!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Heidi, your technique is great. I love all the cards, but the first one is my favorite. You did a great job on the video, I am impressed, my friend. You sounded like a pro. Thank you for sharing.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks so much!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Therese!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Shirley!

Unknown said...

LOVED your video and love this technique. I will definitely give this a try! Love your cards as well.

Conniecrafter said...

Great job on the video Heidi and that is a cool technique, gives great texture to the stamping and will be different each time, now I just need to check out my silhouette stamps :)

Sharon Fontenot said...

Thank you for the video tutorial. A picture is worth a thousand words. I love this technique.

clelie said...

What a great new technique! I can't wait to try it...I loved the effect on the black house, especially! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cool looking card..very creative...love the look of the witch!
happy stamping,
Karen

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks so much for your kind comment! I didn’t see a blog link on your profile, so if you have one, I hope you will come back and leave a link so I can visit you. :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thank you, Karen! The witch is so sassy, she is fun to stamp with!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thank you Sharon! I am sometimes guilty of writing too much on the blog. I am glad the video did the trick this time.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Connie! I am glad you will give it a try. Silhouette stamps are my favorites.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Lisa! I really appreciate your kind comment!

Beth Norman said...

Whoop whoop on your first video. It was terrific and so is the technique. Your witch really looks cool.

Mac Mable said...

I'm a techniques girl and boy do I love your cards. Fabulous technique and that witches image and colours are amazing......stunning x

Mac Mable said...

Came back to say that I really enjoyed your video.....such an effective technique, easily explained and thank you for the inspiration about the kaleidoscope ink pads....off to find mine...thank you x

Viv said...

Super cards here Heidi and love your cling film technique too,must try it soon ;) Viv xx

Mia said...

Great video and gorgeous witch card, Heidi!!! Kisses, my friend.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Mia!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thank you, Viv!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks! I only have the one Kaleidacolor inkpad and I would love to have more. They have so many great combos.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Beth! I appreciate your supportive comments!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Such cute cards! Thank you for sharing your technique and not one but 3 cards! Congratulations on your first video. I did not detect an accent! I appreciate the fact that you kept it brief and to the point!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Cindi! I appreciate your support AND that you don’t think I have an accent. I don’t think so either, but that is not true of everyone... ;). I am glad you appreciate the brevity.