Thursday, February 1, 2018

Silhouette Challenge - Heron At Sunset Card

I recently had some time to make some inky backgrounds with Distress Oxides.  This is one that I made with Abandoned Coral, Fosilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry and a touch of Salty Ocean.  I have been stamping over oxide backgrounds with oxide ink, so I stamped my Great Heron Silhouette in the Black Soot.  It is a very dark grey, but it looks black and does the job nicely.


Please play along with Just for Fun’s Silhouette challenge this month!  They are so fun to play with!  There is a prize up for grabs, as always, and you do not need to use a particular brand of stamps to be in the running.



Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lin said...

What a delightful card, Heidi! Love your beautiful background - it shows off the silhouette perfectly!

April said...

Your card is lovely, Heidi! I love the pretty background with the Oxide inks.

Mac Mable said...

Pretty colours of the oxides, which give a great foil for the heron silhouette. I have not stamped with the oxides yet and love the dark grey, almost black colour it gives. Fun sentiment x

Carol L said...

I love silhouette cards, and this one ranks up there with the best of them! Great DOI background and embossing too!

Cat Craig said...

I was just looking at the sunset a few days ago and told myself I have to remember that bit of yellow nearest the horizon...you've got a gorgeous sunset for your silhouettes.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful. Gorgeous scene and so wonderfully colored.

Conniecrafter said...

Love it, great job on the background, perfect for your silhouette stamp, like the sentiment you chose to go with it!!

Beth Norman said...

Wowza, this one blows me out of the water, so to speak. Your background is amazing and the turquoise and black work so well together.

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty. I love the background you made for your Blue Heron.