Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Christmas Wishes In July

Hello everyone! Hope you are well. I have been so busy this month outside of cardmaking.  However, I am still working on my goal of making Christmas cards this month.  Here is one more.  



The background was stamped with white pigment ink onto kraft paper.  I then used some sparkle embossing powder over top.  I stamped, colored and cut out the image.  I added loose glitter to the wings and white flocking to the hat.  This card was hard to photograph so I hope you can imagine how sweet it looks!  

The frame for the heart was hand cut since that was the biggest heart die I have.  It is imperfect but I just went with it since it really looked like it needed a frame.  I don’t think a non-cardmaker will notice too much. 

Supplies: Stamps are Gina K Christmas Magic and Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes, Avery Elle Pigment ink and Versafine and Memento Black inks,  Cuttlebug embossing folder, other items from my stash

I’d love to play along Mod Squad’s Christmas in July challenge. 

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Super cute card with a fabulous little image....The white stamping on the kraft looks fabulous too x

cuilliesocks said...

Just lovely Heidi, a sweet little character and wonderful colours, Kate x x

Cat Craig said...

Awww such a cutie. I need to get on the ball and get mine finished too.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is such a cute image and I love the card you made.

aussie aNNie said...

An adorable card love that image and snowflakes.x

Carol L said...

Cute, fun, and sweet Christmas card, and all those snowflakes make me feel a little bit cooler!

MiamiKel said...

Heidi, this is just lovely! Such a darling holiday card!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So sweet!! I love all the extra details you added and bet it is just gorgeous in person.

Have a nice weekend. I'm going away for the weekend with my cousin using an airbnb. We found a house with a pool in a quaint village with shopping. Most of our time will be spent at the pool.

Hugs.

Chark said...

adorable!

*Vicki* said...

Hello Heidi! This card is adorable! Love the heat with the Christmas fairy and the snowflakes over the kraft are perfect! Hope you are well! Glad to see your blog again and be able to just sit and enjoy!! HUGS

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute card and image the heart looks perfect -a tip I saw on someones blog if you need the die slightly larger draw round the outside of it -so just slightly larger than the actual die!
Carol x