Friday, November 22, 2019

Happy Trails Card - Wrap Around Card

I don’t know where the week went, but here we are at Friday!  I hope everyone had a good week. I am happy to report that my dental issues are finally resolved as of yesterday!  Just in time for Turkey?

I have a card to share today that I made a while back but didn’t get to sharing yet.  This was inspired by a wrap card made by Karen Dunbrook.  You should follow her, if you don’t already.  Every card she makes is beautiful!

Basically, you just create a wrap for your card that goes onto the back. I like how it is something different, and finishing the back makes it feel more complete.


I created my wrap by first sponging two Distress Oxide brown inks as an ombré. I then stamped the woodgrain over top.  The camper was partly colored and partly paper-pieced.  I added clear Nuvo Drops to the windows, but unfortunately, that cracked as it dried, so I guess my camper is a little run-down.  


If you create a wrap card, I would highly suggest using your lightest weight cardstock for the wrap part so that your card can still open and close easily.  It would be easy enough to use lightweight patterned paper too.  

Supplies: Close to My Heart Happy Trails stamp set, Hero Arts Woodgrain background stamp, Distress Oxide ink Vintage Photo and Antique Linen, Memento and Versafine black inks, other items from my stash.

Thanks for visiting! Will you have time for stamping this weekend, or are you too busy preparing for the holiday?  

11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

What a cool technique, yet another I hadn't seen. Glad you have your oral issues taken care of. Dental time is no fun. Darling card.

Viv said...

Great card Heidi, yes Karen makes such lovely cards I agree.Of course I meant to try this technique but then promptly forgot it lol ;) Viv xx

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous & lovely design ....enjoy your weekend.xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so cool. I will have to try that sometime myself. That is such a neat look!

Carol L said...

Love the wrap - it reminds me of a book binding! Cute camper and sentiment to go along with the wrap! Happy day for dental issues being put behind you just in time for Thanksgiving, yay!

Marina said...

I always love camper images - not sure why as I don't think I've ever been in one! Love the corner detail.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fantastic layout. The way you put the arrows in the corner is interesting. Great colouring on this cute image. I'm in Canada so no upcoming Thanksgiving for us--we celebrate in October. Am working on Christmas though. Enjoy your weekend!

Conniecrafter said...

this is so fun and that wood pattern is neat with the camper.
Glad your dental issues are taken care of!

*Vicki* said...

Really fun card! I love this idea of the "wrap" and I've seen her cards with this done which is a very nice feature! This would make for a really nice retirement card too! Love it!

lostinpaper said...

What a fun idea and a great card Heidi! I agree, Karen is an inspiration.

Lisa Babitz said...

Your "run down" camper (lol!) is so cute; I love the detail you added with the Nuvo Drops and the paper piecing. The wrap around technique is cool. It remimds me of a book binding. The wood grained pattern looks great with your outdoorsy camper theme. Cute card!

Glad to hear your dental issues are behind you. Enjoy that turkey!!