Tuesday, June 23, 2020

June Rose Shabby Chic!

Hello stamping friends!  I have a shabby chic card to share today.  I love to make at least one rose card in June, as it is the birth flower.  When I got this pretty rose stamp that is part of I Brake for Stamps set Half Sheet 137a, I knew it would be fantastic for making your own patterned paper.



And it is!  It is very forgiving too.  I didn’t have any trouble lining it up or anything, I just stamped away in a general pattern using brown ink. I then distressed the entire panel with tea dye distress ink and a sponge applicator.  I also splattered some ink lightly to get some more aging to the panel.

Finally, I added color to the roses and leaves with chalks.  I really am so happy with this background and can’t wait to try it with other colors!

I layered a sentiment from Inspirational Phrases set with some fancy die cuts.  I put this over some lace that was in my stash and put my very last adhesive pearls underneath.  I can’t believe that those are my last pearls, sometimes it seems like you will never use all your embellishments!

Save 10% on your order at the I Brake for Stamps store using my code SAVE10HEIDI.

I hope you have a wonderful day and keep on stamping!

Heidi

10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and it has a vintage look to me. Very well designed.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Heidi! Hope you and yours are well. You've done such a fabulous job on this beautiful card. The roses stamp was a perfect choice for a background. I never think to use chalks, always afraid I can't set them and they will smear. XOXO

MiamiKel said...

Gorgeous! Your June rose shabby chic is a vision - so earthy and the burst of pink/red tones just pops! Lovely!

Lisa Babitz said...

WOW!! Your handmade patterned paper came out GREAT!! So pretty.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card absolutely gorgeous.x

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Heidi, gorgeous paper and design, Kate x

Carol L said...

Your background paper looks amazing and reminds me of old wallpaper my grandparents had many decades ago! Gorgeous card!

Cat Craig said...

This card has a summery antique feel to it. Very pretty.

Mac Mable said...

What great stamping and a really beautiful background. So feminine and absolutely beautiful x.

Conniecrafter said...

I love shabby chic and this is just Awesome, the colors are just fantastic and great stamping of it all, I love the touch of lace under the sentiment panel too, just tops it off perfectly!!