Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Cloudy Sky with a Die Cut

Hello!

I would like to share a little tip for getting a pretty cloudy sky for your stamped image.  Use a scalloped die cut. I used these ovals, in two sizes.  That way I have a smaller scallop and a larger one.  (I think I first heard this tip from stamping friend Shirley.)
I used a sponge and tumbled glass distress ink to light stencil over this home made mask.  You could easily use a circle, but the I picked the oval so I would have more angles to use.  It also feels good to get more use out of my dies.

I then just stamped over top with my silhouette meadow flowers, sponging some green from below. 


The stamps I used are Half Sheet 137A, and Thank You sentiment. (As always, you can save 10% at I Brake for Stamps using my code SAVE10HEIDI)


Thanks for visiting today!  

12 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Heidi, a beautiful card and your clouds are gorgeous, lovely silhouette grasses, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the tip and what a peaceful and beautiful card Heidi x.

Cat Craig said...

Super tip, and fabulous cloudy sky for your silhouette stamping. Beautiful card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your scalloped dies make a great sky. I love that silhouette garden too!

Lisa Babitz said...

Your clouds look great, and I love the green you added to the silhouette flowers.

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely beautiful and stunning card with the most gorgeous colours. xx

Conniecrafter said...

That is what I used to use until I was going through my scissors and saw I had a bigger scallop on them so I made my own stencil using it. Greta job on the background, you got some pretty soft clouds there and love your silhouette and great sentiment stamps against it!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a beautiful card...love your little garden scene.
x Karen

April said...

This is beautiful! I love your sky.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this beautiful scenic card. Great job on your clouds. You know I love pretty clouds.

Connie Mercer said...

Love this one too. Love using silhouette stamps.

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really pretty card. I like how you did you sky. I must give that a try!