Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Silver & White Handmade Christmas card

This is my final week guest designing for SplitCoastStampers Color Challenge. I have had an amazing time and am very thankful for the opportunity.

This last week of November is a different color combo, you can choose from either Gold and White OR Silver and White.  I really thought I would want to use gold, but as I went along, I changed over to silver.  The optional theme is sparkle, and as you can see, I did add it!


This card has sparkle and shine, so it was hard to photograph. The chevron layer is acetate printed with silver dots.  In some of the photos it looks black, but it is silver AND it is layered over white lumiere paper for extra subtle sparkle.


 I heat embossed my trees in silver, die cut out a portion of the image and added the glitter ribbon and brad at the bottom.



Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Silhouette Pines, Versamark Ink, Recollections Silver detail embossing powder, WeRMemoryKeepers Acetate 6x6 pad, American Crafts Glitter ribbon, brad is My Mind’s Eye, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Rectangle dies.

I would also like to enter ScrappyMo’s Rudolph Days challenge and the DiesRUs Snow Challenge.

14 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card Heidi- I really like the printed acetate

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a pretty Christmas card, love all the sparkle and white together, have a wonderful week.. Megan

Mac Mable said...

All shiny and pretty and beautifully elegant x

Darlene said...

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything SNOW’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Jenny L said...

Hi Heidi,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a very wonderful card and such a super design too.
Love the silver.
Thanks for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Stunning card, gorgeous background and images.

Kath x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the look of silver and white and this is a very elegant design.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, I love the sparkle and the strip with the button is a great way to ground the trees!

Barbara said...

Beautiful card, great job, Heidi :) Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Dies R Us.

Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very sparkly and shiny. You did good combining all that silver together to make a stunning card.

scrappymo! said...

So much sparkle and beautiful use of silver. This is such a beautiful card!
Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, the sparkle is so festive.

wannabcre8tive said...

Heidi, your silver pines are just beautiful. I love your sparkly acetate paper.

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations on hosting. This card is really striking. You do such awesome work Heidi! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.