Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Stamptangle Stars & a fun Color Combo

Hello!  I am on my third week guest-designing for the Color Challenge at SplitCoastStampers!  This week, there are 4 colors.  Hot Pink, Green, Kraft and the addition of Gold!  The dessert is to color something, but I skipped that this week.


I heat embossed my stars with gold powder and trimmed them out.  I added some Nuvo glitter drops to the centers. Then I used an embossing folder on a scrap of lumiere paper for the background.  The shimmer is really pretty in real life.  Of course, I spent a lot of time moving the stars around, but eventually decided on an arrangment and glued everything down.


Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber stamps Stamptangle Stars, large and small, Versamark Ink, Recollections Detail Gold embossing powder, Sizzix Swirl Embossing folder, Kraft and Lumiere papers from my stash, Gina K Passionate Pink and Christmas Pine cardstocks, Nuvo Crystal drops in Ruby Slippers, Emerald City and Golden Sunset.

Thanks for your kind visit today.  Please leave a comment so I can return the favor!

6 comments:

Carol L said...

Those golden stars look amazing and I'm liking the wild color combination for Christmas too! Very pretty card!

Mac Mable said...

So striking, love the colour combination and the dry embossing sets off your card beautifully x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic star designs with those vivid bold colors. I love the gold embossing on them too.

Conniecrafter said...

neat idea, love the gold embossing on them, and pretty embossing for the background!

Cat Craig said...

That gold embossing on the stars is wonderful.

Marina said...

Lovely texture - this card is lively and fun.