Monday, January 15, 2018

A “Deep Breath” Kind of Birthday Card (and a fix for blogger slow comments)

I have noticed as I am getting older, my friends aren’t looking forward to their birthdays so much.  Who knew!?  But, many of them do look forward to getting a handmade card from me, so I sometimes enjoy using some punny sentiments like in this card!


I colored the image with alcohol markesr.  This is my second attempt.  The first one was far too colorful.  I enjoy coloring and hope to play along with the 30 Day Coloring challenge (link below) quite a bit this month!


Supplies:  Art Impressions Deep Breath Birthday stamp set, Memento Black ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  Gina Marie X Stitched Rectangles dies, Crate Paper DIY Shop 6x6 Patterned paper, Gina K Designs Jelly Bean Green cardstock, Goosebumps embellishments.

I would love to play along with these challenges:
Art Impressions Anything Goes Challenge
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge Patterned Paper

I have been noticing that it is taking lots of clicks and extra time to get Blogger to post some comments.  How annoying!?  I changed my settings to open a pop-up window for comments and that seems to solve the problem.  (Credit to Viv for this idea.)

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to make comments! I always try my best to return visits.  The blogging community of stampers cannot survive unless we interact with each other, so I always strive to visit other blogs to admire your work and find inspiration!  

Have a great day!

17 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE it Heidi! Yes, I have found that I am beginning to dislike birthdays too! This is a fun card, beautifully coloured and bound to make the recipient smile! Have a great week my friend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mac Mable said...

Yes I am finding it takes ages to leave comments but as you say the pop up window is much quicker. Fun card, love the punny esentiment and your colouring is fabulous x

Carol L said...

This is too cute of an image and I like that punny sentiment too! You're the 2nd person who mentioned changing to the pop-up window. I think I need to check my settings for that! Thanks!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well, I really like your card and think it is so fun! At my age I figure if I can get a laugh or two about getting older it makes me feel younger. Go figure! And I think I read where laughter is a healthy thing.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, I love the fish and sentiment, I have another card I owe Mum for one of her kindy friends they all love the cheeky sentiments when I use them, I've noticed slow comments with blogger in the last few weeks, I thought it was to do with changes to my connection... have a wonderful week... Megan

Beth Norman said...

So bright and colourful.The image is too funny. I would love to see what you thought was too colourful to post. I love bright and vibrant.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is too funny, so cute!

April said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Love it!

Conniecrafter said...

LOL, yes the older we get the more we need to laugh about it :)
Too cute and your coloring is terrific!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I don't mind more birthdays, especially if you are going to make a fuss over me. I don't mind getting older because the older I get the more ridiculous I can act since I don't care what others think so much anymore.

Anyhow.... love the bright and cheery puckered up puffer fish. Great stuff!

Yeah, I've noticed the taking longer thing too, thought it was computer who is notoriously slow and dim witted (but we love him anyway).

Marina said...

Colourful, fun - perfect for a birthday. Who wouldn't enjoy celebrating with one of these?

Dandi93 said...

Cute card and fun sentiment. Great coloring Heidi

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute card...smiling.
x Karen

Bev Polen said...

Oh what a darling image, Heidi!! Your card is so adorable!!

Cat Craig said...

I love a punny card and this one is darling. thanks for the tip on speeding things up. I have an older computer and this really gave a noticeable difference in speed.

Bonnie said...

LOL! What fun! Love the image and how you've colored it!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute and wonderfully colored. It is adorable.