Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Clean and Simple Spring Card & Project Safelight Reminder

Hello and happy Tuesday!  We had snowflakes again last night, but I am assured that it will be warm later this week!  I purchased some pansies last week, but kept them in the garage. I think I will pot them up today!  I don’t see any further freezing temperatures in the forecast, but what a strange spring!


I am sharing two cards today.  I used the same sketch (I was too late to link it to that challenge!) for both but made one more simple.  I fussy cut my images after coloring and added a touch of glitter to the centers.  I only took a quick photo of the pink card because it needed to get in the mail immediately.


Supplies:  Gina K Designs Whimsical Spring stamp set, Gina K Inspiration Mosaic (just the sentiment), Memento and Versafine Black inks, KI Memories Doilies 6x6 paper pad, My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose Mabel 6x6 paper pad, Nuvo glitter drops, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers


I would love to enter the ModSquad Simply Clean Challenge and since my floral patterned paper was a scrap, also Snippets Playground #323 challenge.  Thanks to our wonderful hosts for holding these challenges!

Please don’t forget to send your encouragement cards to the Project Safelight card drive, they are due April 30th.  Details (including prize drawing) at From My Carolina Home.

Thank you for being here!  Have a good day!

You can find me on facebook or pinterest, too.

10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

As a lover of flowers it is no surprise that both these cards made me smile. Your coloring is wonderful and these are great cards to have for many occaisions, you should make more.

Carol L said...

I love this classic and easy design for those great flowers! They look like dogwood, but they look great in both colors you used! Happy spring! I hear the 80s are on the way for this weekend, so we're going straight from winter right into summer. Mother nature must have hidden spring this year!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards using the Whimsical Spring set are so very gorgeous! I love them in yellow and also in the pink. Great layouts for your cards too.

Conniecrafter said...

They are both lovely cards, so love the colors and the spring paper in the first card!! We are suppose to be warm today, and most of the weekend but Sunday back in the 40's this has really been a strange spring that's for sure

Mac Mable said...

Such a treat today with both of these ever so pretty cards. Good luck with the Pansy planting x

Judy Woodland said...

I love these. Adding the strips of paper behind your image just make the image pop. Simply beautiful!!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thanks so much, Heidi, your cards for Safelight arrived and they are beautiful!!

Marina said...

Two beautiful spring-like cards.

Viv said...

Two gorgeous cards here Heidi! just love the beautiful flower sprays ;) Viv xx

Di said...

Really lovely cards Heidi! I adore those flower sprays and what gorgeous designs too.

Sorry I'm late commenting - and thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground again!

Hugs

Di xx