Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Christmas Cards! Stamping two ways!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  I have been away from stamping and blogging for much of the past month, but I am back today with  Christmas cards!  I really loved making them and it feels good to have them in the stash early!


The first card was made by first stamping the Christmas music in very light ink for the background.  I then stamped the pine trees over top with green ink.  I had the bell colored with alcohol markers, so I fussy cut it out and created this vintage look.

You can see that I had so much fun making this that I made two cards while my supplies were out.



For the second card, I heat embossed that music stamp with silver.  Nothing says Christmas like metallics, and I like this look a lot too.  The same bell was colored in more traditional colors as the focal image.


Supplies:  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Bells and Holly stamp, Glorious Song Background stamp, Silhouette Pines stamp.

I feel like I see a lot more blogging cardmakers getting their Christmas cards made throughout the year.  Are you one of them?  

Just for Fun Rubber Stamp’s May Challenge is to use multiple stamps on your card.  Won’t you join in?  I would also like to add my card to Merry Monday’s Add a Bell challenge.

I hope you get some time this week for crafting! 

You can find me on facebook or pinterest, too.

13 comments:

Carol L said...

What a beautiful collection of pretty Christmas cards! Love the subtle musical background stamp, but it really dazzles the eyes embossed with silver! NJ on all!

Mia said...

I missed you, Heidi! I am glad you are back, my friend. I love your Christmas cards!!!!!!! Beautiful pine trees, bells and great silver musical notes! Kisses, my friend.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with bells, Heidi - just love both color combos & that music background looks amazing! So glad you could join us at Merry Monday!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your Christmas cards are gorgeous! I have to get back on track and make more as well one of these days. Too much going on it seems.

Cat Craig said...

Love your use of the music stamp in both cards. So nice to have more cards for your stash.

CherylQuilts said...

Hi, Heidi! I love both of these Christmas cards and really love this holly bell! What a gorgeous musical background. I love it both ways but really love it embossed. Beautifully done, and isn't it wonderful to be working on Christmas cards throughout the year? Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

Love how you used the image in two totally different ways, very creative and love them both

Mac Mable said...

What classy first cards, with a wonderful fussy cut bell. Love the music stamped at the background too. Glorious second card and love the red and silver embossing on the background. Wonderful cards and great to be making a start x

JoAnn said...

Both cards are lovely. I really like the silver embossing on the red card and the traditionally colored bell image, very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are lovely, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Linda said...

I love both scenes with the bells. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Bev Polen said...

Such beautiful Christmas cards, Heidi! The lightly stamped music with the trees is gorgeous, and the bells with holly are beautiful on the first cards. The red and gold card is spectacular.

Viv said...

Wow so many beautiful Xmas cards here Hedi,love them all equally too ;) Viv xx