Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Father’s Day - Surf’s Up Card

I have noticed that a lot of paper pads have these sheets of paper that are just words.  At first, I thought they would likely just be useful for scrapbooking, but then I thought of my silhouette stamps.


I think this is a lovely and sentimental scene, and the words in the paper add to it.  A non-traditional, but very cool Father’s Day card.

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubbers stamps Surf’s Up, Sentiment sheet 1, Versafine Onyx Black Ink, Versamark ink and detail white embossing powder, Pebbles Family Ties 6x6 paper pad

Thanks so much for visiting today!  

You can find me on facebook or pinterest, too.

15 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

What a great way to turn this into a Father's Day card with just a simple background paper! Brilliant!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is a fabulous Father's Day card. I love the image. Just For Fun has some really great stamps.

Carol L said...

I love your brilliant idea of using word dsp for a background for silhouette images! What a cool, awesome idea for a father's day card!

Mia said...

This is a perfect masculine card, Kim!!!!!! And it is perfect for Father's Day!!!!!!!! I love the beautiful scene and the background paper. Kisses, my friend.

Di said...

How clever - I love it!

Hugs

Di xx

Mac Mable said...

Yes those papers with the words is so perfect for the silhouettes you've chosen...great card x

Marina said...

Great idea for using the text paper - it looks fantastic.

*Vicki* said...

I so love the silhouette image on this and your background is so cool with it too!! What a brilliant design! :) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! I love this. Those silhouette images look awesome on that background.

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic idea, yes that is perfect for a silhouette stamp!! Very fun!

Beth Norman said...

Pretty cool Father's Day card. Your use of a silhouette stamp over the words bg is a great idea, and a nice way to use it up.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Heidi, and definitely something that I will try in my quest to use up even a few sheets of paper lol. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fabulous use of the text paper, I often find these are some of the last pages in a pad. Love the fun beach scene stamp... have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Cat Craig said...

Great fathers day card, kinda rocking 70's style.

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute, sooo fun...well done
:) Karen