Saturday, June 16, 2018

June Flower of the Month - Stamp Layering Rose

Hello! I have a second post for June’s Flower of the Month series. I have a stamp layering Rose set I had to get out when I realized I hadn’t done any of this style stamp in the series.

If you are new to my blog, you might not know that the Flower of the Month series is a self-imposed challenge I am doing all year.  I want to use stamp I already have to create at least one card a month using the birth flower.  

Click to Enlarge Photo

This stamp set, Old Country Roses, comes to you from Gina K Designs and is designed by Claire Brennan who ran Waltzing Mouse stamps for a long time.  She closed her business and now just illustrates for Gina K. I am a fan of Claire’s style.  

Supplies: GKD Old Country Roses, Pink inks:  Gina K Innocent Pink, Passionate Pink, Hero Arts Raspberry, Green inks: Gina K Applemint, Hero Arts Green Hills and Forever Green, Gina Marie X Stitched Circles and Rectangles dies, Spellbinders D Lites flourish die, Recollections Backyard Table 6x6 patterned paper pad.

I would like to enter Dragonfly Journey’s Rose Garden challenge.  I also used a sketch for this project and turned it on it’s side.  

Hey, I hear the patterned paper pad I used here is on sale 70% off at Michaels.  Maybe it is on sale near you too?

Thanks for your visit today!

You can find me on facebook or pinterest, too.

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

The flowers are absolutely gorgeous Heidi! Love the matching papers to go with them and you've done an awesome job with the sketch as well! HUGS

Mac Mable said...

The stamping is so pretty on those beautiful old country rose flowers and the paper looks so pretty too. Beautiful card x

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, lovely combination of stamp and pp. The design sketch seems like it was meant for your project. Beautiful colors.

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card with that cluster of roses and the pretty dsp! I like all the details and especially the uplifting sentiment! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

Bev Polen said...

Oh, Heidi, what a stunning card with the awesome roses and designer paper! Love the card!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a beautiful card love the pretty roses, have a wonderful weekend... Megan

wannabcre8tive said...

Heidi, this card is gorgeous. I love the beautifully colored roses. The black and pink color combo is one of my favorites.

Beth Norman said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card. I too like your flowers--a good choice. You did wonders with the sketch. Keep those challenges going. I started to add SU to my blog as I have so many of their stamps that I'm challenging myself to use them more too.

Jenée said...

Very pretty card. I really like the lovely image you've used. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

This is stunning. The cabbage roses are beautiful, I love the colors and the vintage look to your card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!! I'm in awe of your roses! (I've got a set of layering stamps and haven't found out how to layer them perfecly yet!)
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely stunning, love the colors you used and your diecut blends so great with your stamping, sweet paper too!

Jeannie said...

This is just gorgeous and the color combination is fabulous. This beauty would fit right in to my Rose Garden blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys
https://dragonflyjourneys.blogspot.com/2018/06/challenge-no-120-rose-garden.html