Thursday, February 27, 2020

Christmas Cards with the Double Point Fancy Fold

I’m not much into making fancy folds, I frequently make mistakes in measuring, so it is actually a little bit odd that I fell so in love with this fold and made 6 cards!  

I first saw the fold last week on Carol’s blog here.  There are MULTIPLE video tutorials out there (one of which is here) and I found it impossible to figure out who the original designer was.  


As I was making one, I figured out that I could easily get 6 cards worth using just 2 sheets of 12x12 patterned paper, so that is what I did!

The hardest part was figuring out which focal point to use.  These sat on my desk for days before I decided on heat embossing the poinsettia on another coordinating patterned paper.  I was set on using some label dies for the focal points, mostly because I have only rarely used them in the past and I thought they looked nice.  




Anyhow, this was super fun for me, and if I am doing a fancy fold, you have got to know that it must be a pretty easy one!

I’d love to enter the February Rudolph Days challenge and SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Anything Goes challenge.


Cut directions for 6 cards from 2 pieces of 12x12 patterned paper:
1) Sheet one: Cut into three 4 inch by 12 inch pieces.  Take each of those and cut into four 4 by 3 inches pieces.  You will have 12 4x3 inch pieces.
2) Sheet 2.  Cut into three 4 inch by 12 inch pieces.  Take each of those and cut into 4 x 5.25 inch pieces.  You will get 6 of those and then an 3 little pieces of scraps.

You will also need a 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 matting for each card, a 4.5 by 5.5 card base, and whatever type of focal point you choose.  Follow the directions in the video tutorial I linked to above.

Thanks for visiting!!


Christmas Card 2020 goal to date: 10
Christmas cards made: 12

18 comments:

April said...

These are so pretty! I will have to look up that fold. I also love the papers you used.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Heidi. Thank you for joining the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those are so gorgeous and are folds I had never heard of before. They look awesome!

aussie aNNie said...

A great fold I agree, have this to make and certainly love your card.xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Great cards Heidi, love these different fancy folded cards and your label die cuts, pretty paper and flowers look wonderful, Robyn

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a unique, and beautiful fold. Thank you for the directions and the link to the inspirational cards. I'd like to try these out. I like that you did yours for Christmas. Your large poinsettia is very pretty in gold and red.

Jenny L said...

Hi Heidi,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I have watched this design on UTube being demoed and I love your version of it and the papers used are so pretty.
Love your poinsettia also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol L said...

What a beautiful set of cards!! I LOVE the colors and pretty poinsettias in gold, but what impressed me the most was how you added a sentiment panel to keep them closed! Brilliant touch - one I will definitely use the next time I make one! Thanks for the shout-out too! :)

Carol L said...

I forgot to mention thanks for sharing the cut directions for 12x12 dsp to make these cards! You have excellent math skills :)

Cat Craig said...

I always enjoy your cards from 12x12 sheets. Nice selection here.

*Vicki* said...

You've done a brilliant job with the pattern paper technique! I love the double sided method you've used! The image with the texture looks stunning with this! Beautifully done!

cuilliesocks said...

These cards are so pretty Heidi, beautiful papers and that poinsettia is gorgeous. Not something I do..fancy folds as it involves measuring and I'm pants at that, so I do admire them when others created wonderful folds, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Wow ...what stunners and well done on making a total of 6. Fabulous designs and papers and the poinsettia's are wonderful x.

Conniecrafter said...

These are gorgeous and look how many you got made to that is great! I haven't seen this fold before, I love the combination of papers to go with your flower!

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fabby design and colours and thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge, sorry for the late leaving of a comment, only I forgot February was a short month ;-), Luv Sam x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very interesting card fold, Heidi and you have sure done it up well. I think using the Nesties was a good idea. Love the diagonal plaid with the floral pattern too. Also your details dry embossing the nestie and your pretty poinsettias. XOX

scrappymo! said...

That is an great, eye catching fold. I really like it.It sets your poinsettia up to pop off the page!

Sorry I am so late getting round to visiting. Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Daria said...

These are so pretty. Thank you for the links and the measurements to make this fun fold.

Daria