Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Outdoorsy Dog Scene Card

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well this week!  We are having such wonderful fall weather!

I have been making a bit of an effort to collect more masculine stamps.  This stamp is called Asleep on the Deck.  I have several recipients in mind who are going to love this scene!  

I made a bit of an abstract background for this scene.  I used glossy paper and swiped my inkpads randomly across the paper.  When you wipe the excess ink off, it blends them just so.  You can always repeat the process if you want to add a little more here or there.  Then I stamped right over top with black Memento ink.  

I am not sure what occasion I am sending this for, so I left the sentiment off for now. I do think I it could work well for a dog sympathy card.  

Thanks for visiting!  Keep on stamping!


14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Great masculine card. The color blocking background is fabulous.

Connie Mercer said...

I saw this on FB and really thought it was so cute. Didn't realize it was yours. Nice!!!!

aussie aNNie said...

wowzer these are gorgeous colours. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a wonderful card design and perfect for a guy card.

MiamiKel said...

I love this technique! We learned this in spring online card class but yours is like WOW! The colors are so soft and muted yet the image really shines through as a focal point! I think they'll be lining up for this beauty!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza! This is fabulous. Both your background and your stamp are showcased nicely. Have a great day!

April said...

I really love this. Wonderful stamp over a beautiful background!

stampingbowd said...

Wow! You created such a cool background for your outdoor scene! The colors are gorgeous and the scene is beautifully detailed. Wonderful card!

Conniecrafter said...

It turned out so cool, I think this stamp would be perfect for many occasions and interest, one of those great all around stamps!

cuilliesocks said...

It's a wonderful male card Heidi, gorgeous scene and colours, Kate x

Carol L said...

This is such a wonderful outdoor scene and those colors make it even more interesting and fun!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a very cool background, and I love that this very detailed line art image did not need to be colored in to still look amazing! You're right - this would be perfect as a dog sympathy card.

JD/ Jill said...

This is a Wow! card. I just love the way you colored it!

*Vicki* said...

That is a really fabulous image and it would make a wonderful masculine card too! I love the ink swipe technique you've done!