Thursday, September 17, 2020

Safari Scene Card

 Hello everyone! I feel really behind with blogging.  I am keeping busy supervising virtual school and we have a home project going on too. I am missing blogs and crafting, but I do have a bunch of cards ready to share, and will be visiting you all, too!

I just love this wonderful Safari stamp. I have used it before on the blog and it just is such a great illustration.

This time, I created a background on glossy paper.  I used my mini dye ink cubes, and pressed them directly onto the paper and twisted them so I didn’t get harsh edges. I wiped the excess ink from the paper and then stamped over top with memento ink.  

I finished the card as a Clean and Simple look, by matting with black cardstock and adding a sentiment underneath.  

The stamps I used are Pride of Africa and sentiment from Inspirational Phrases. Check them out at the I Brake for Stamps store where you can use my code SAVE10HEIDI to save 10% off your entire order.

I hope you are doing well and would love to hear in the comments what you are up to, or if there is a recent post I missed on your blog.  Have a good day!

6 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your background is wonderful. The colours you used and that stamp go so well together. Love this alot.

It was great seeing you last night.

Have a great day!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours and fabulous safari scene. x

Conniecrafter said...

You picked the perfect stamp to go with your background, I just love this, I think it was the best of the night and love how you used it in your card, hope to finish mine up tomorrow :)

handmade by amalia said...

I would like to be of safari right now, away from it all. A beautiful card.
Amalia
xo

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun look with the inks over the glossy! Something I haven't done in a long time too! Looks fabulous with that image!! Take care friend! HUGS

cuilliesocks said...

A super card Heidi, I love the scene and your colours, brilliantly designed, Kate x