Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Vellum and Markers Background Technique

 Hello everyone! I had this card I realized I hadn’t posted yet.  A while back my online stamping group had some challenges and one of them was to complete this technique with vellum, which you can watch here: https://youtu.be/vDSsaKSM-6s.  

Basically you scribble marker on your vellum and then blend it with drops of rubbing alcohol.  You then emboss the vellum and you can go over the raised parts with an inkpad.  I found this technique worked, BUT for some reason mine took a really long time to dry.  But after leaving it overnight it was dry to use on a card.



Here is how I finished the inside of the card.


Supplies:

Close to My Heart Cross Stitch Love stamp set and dies

Die cut unknown


Thanks again for visiting!  Your kind comments mean so much to me!

7 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

that was a fun technique and yours came out beautifully, love the cross -stitch flowers with it!

April said...

Your background is so pretty! Such a lovely card!

cuilliesocks said...

A super technique and a very pretty card Heidi, Kate xx

Carol L said...

This is just soft and beautiful and I love the roses that look like cross stitching!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful background. I'm glad you had success. Love your car image.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fabulous card and love the new technique, thank you for including a link. The old fashioned car looks great on the card front, we got one here in Aus with a magazine subscription it is about 4" long though. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great marker technique, well done! xoxo