Sunday, February 28, 2016

Daffodils with Prima Watersoluble Oil Pastels

Hello and thanks for stopping by.  

I continued to play with stamping with my Prima oil pastels, like in my card from yesterday.  I had some stamps I just purchased from I Brake for Stamps (they are on sale) and since they are springy, I wanted to use them right away.


The process is the same, I just colored right on the stamp, spritzed with water, and then stamped onto my paper. I used a brush to pick up a bit more color to fill in the flower.

I used watercolor paper again, but you will see a sample below I stamped onto plain ivory cardstock.    I also applied a little pastel to the edge of my papers and then blended it with a baby wipe.

For the sentiment, I practiced A LOT because I typically mess up sentiments and then mess up my whole project.  But what I decided is instead of spritzing the water on the stamp, I just dabbed a little water onto it with a waterbrush and that was MUCH more controlled.  



I would make a suggestion that you have a few pieces of cardstock ready and stamp your image out twice without reinking the stamp.  That way if it is a bit too watery or dark, you will have a couple impressions to choose from.  They really do just turn out differently each time.

Supplies:
I Brake for Stamps - March Daffodil
I Brake for Stamps - Happy Easter Eggs (I cut the eggs and the sentiment apart)
Prima Watersoluble Oil Pastels - Yellow, Yellow-Orange, Orange, Yellow-Green, Dark brown and Black
My Mind's Eye Bramble Rose paper pad


6 comments:

  1. Those flowers are incredible, thanks for sharing how to use the pastels, I've not used them before and was wondering how they would look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--this looks like a painting! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely and spring like. I have not tried pastels but they give really good colour. Love the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, you sure did get a good stamp and pretty blending, love the wood background too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Heidi, I've found your blog through Connie's when I saw your comment! How sweet! So glad we found each other - again! And I'm so glad you are on SCS too now. I love this card with your beautifully colored daffodils and amazing background! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh... this is just amazingly beautiful! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment -- they mean so much to me!

(You do NOT need to click on the recaptcha thing to prove you are not a robot -- you can ignore it.)