Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Kid Valentines using Jillibean Soup Shape Shaker products - A Review

Thank you for stopping by!  Today I would like to share the cards I made for my son's school Valentines.   These one-layer cards came together quickly with the Jillibean Soup Shape Shaker products.  These stamp sets, precut cards and shaker pockets, available in several shapes, are available at Michaels and I am sure they are also available in online stores.


The stamp set is clear acrylic (not photopolymer) but I had no problem stamping with it using my pigment inks, Versafine or chalk inks. The one I chose has multiple candies you can stamp inside (I picked the hearts) and a couple cute sayings in addition to the gumball machine. 


The card is ivory with a neat looking speckle to it.  There are dies available for the shaker pockets, but I chose to buy the cards with the precut opening.  The shaker is easy to use, you turn it upside down, fill with whatever you like, and it has it's own adhesive on it so you just stick it in place.

 The set did not have a Valentine greeting so I used one on the inside from Hero Arts.


I used both the sequins available from Jillibean soup and some heart sequins I found at the grocery store.  The shaker pockets are deep and would be difficult to mail.  However, it would have been fun to put some real Valentine candy in the shaker and it would fit nicely.  I did not do this due to school rules.  

I really enjoyed using these products!  It made cardmaking very fast!  I also really appreciate how easy these would be for a beginner cardmaker.  I thought the price point was affordable at $3.99 for each stamp set, sequin mix, and each set of 6 shaker pockets and card/envelopes.  And since I got them at Michaels, I could use a coupon.

For the dies, if you already had a set of circle dies, they would probably work just fine to cut your opening.

I would definitely buy more of these products in the future. I think that this set was fun to use for Valentines and I will use it for birthday cards in the future too.  (Note: I am not affiliated in any way with Jillibean Soup and I receive no compensation for this review. I just thought it might be helpful to anyone searching for this product.)

Supplies:
Jillibean Soup Sweet Treat stamp set
Versafine Onyx black ink
Avery Elle Pigment Ink Strawberry
Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamp stamp set
Jillibean Soup Shape Shakers (Small Circle Shaker, Red/pink sequin mix, small circle card and envelope set)

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - One Layer
ModSquad Challenge - From the Heart

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How ADORABLE! I just love shaker cards and yours is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mod Squad Challenge

Mandy said...

Fabulous shaker card Heidi! It's so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx