Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lily of the Valley "Quilted" Card

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

Earlier this week, I jotted down this card idea, and today I finally had some time to create it.  It turned out very similar to what I had pictured.  Often I go off on some tangent with my designs, so it is fun when it goes as planned.

(Click on image for detail.)

I first die cut all the squares and then stamped onto the blue ones.  I have been using these two colors of cardstock often, and today I used them together.  The little brad shaped like a button was the only yellow one left in my stash, so I was glad to find a home for it on a project.

Supplies: Our Daily Bread Stamps Lily of the Valley and Home Sweet Home stamps, Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink Olive Pastel, My Mind's Eye Handsome 6x6 Paper pad, Brad from my stash, GKD Jelly Bean Green and Ocean Mist Patterned paper, My Favorite Things Pierced Squares dies

I would love to participate in these challenges:
O- ODBD stamp, D- Die, B- Brad, D- designer paper

7 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Oh so darn pretty, LOVE your choices of colour that you have combined for your 'quilt'!

Mac Mable said...

Isn't it great when the idea in your head turns out! Like you I often go on a tangent. This is such a pretty card, loving the colours and the quilt idea is fabulous!

ToadilyDiane said...

Love your quilt card - looks like it could wrap you in a hug!

Cheri Burry said...

Love this quilt design! Thanks for playing along with us over at Art Impressions!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, I love quilts (as you know), and I love this beautiful quilt with the lovely two colors! And what great idea to use the Lily of the Valley stamp to make your own "fabric" with it! You are so clever! Beautifully done, and what a great ODBD challenge card! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Nancy said...

Such a pretty design. I love the color combination!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful quilt you have create, Heidi!! I just love your colors and the spring feel!! Great creation of your own fabric! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!