Monday, April 18, 2016

Waxed Paper Embossed Resist

Hello and thank you for being here.

Today I have a card to share using a waxed paper resist background. I had not done this in a long time, so when I saw this recent video by Gina K, I wanted to try it again.  I made 8 backgrounds total, so I still have more to use.

(Click image to enlarge.)

I didn't want to cover up too much of my background, so I stamped a lot of butterflies which I watercolored with distress ink pads and fussy cut.  True to my style of creating, arranging the butterflies took just as long as the rest of the work for this card!  

Supplies: Gina K Designs Whimsical Spring and Birthday Label stamp sets, Versafine Onyx black Ink, Tim Holtz by Sizzix embossing folder, Distress inks Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Peacock Feathers

I would love to participate in the following challenge:

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Heidi, what a beautiful card and great technique! I've forgotten about that one. I love the butterflies, and I so know what you mean about taking longer to arrange the butterflies! Hehe! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs!

Carol L said...

This is simply stunning, and I must give that technique a try! I love the beautiful blue color and especially all those pretty butterflies!

Conniecrafter said...

It made a very lovely background and you did a great job arranging the butterflies!

lostinpaper said...

I hear you for sure, I can literally spend hours moving bits of paper and embellies around on a card til I'm happy with the placement lol. Your card is so beautiful, and I can't wait to see some more of your creations using the other backgrounds too!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is stunning Heidi! No wonder you didn't want to cover up that fabulous background you made! I have seen the technique, but never tried it! Just lovely! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Heidi! Love your amazing take on the technique!

Mac Mable said...

Beautiful colours, gorgeous butterflies and fabulous technique...Yes know what you mean about taking ages to fuss with the layout etc....

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I love what you've done with this card! The color palette is so perfect for any time of year and would be great for a male or female. And the pattern in the background is so elegant! The butterflies pair so nicely with the background and it is full of energy and sophistication! Thanks so much for sharing your butterfly skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!