Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Christmas Card in May

Hello and thanks for coming by.  

I usually have been trying to get 3-5 Christmas cards done each month during the year, so I don't have a big crunch at the end of the year.  That hasn't happened this year at all!  I think I have done just a few all year. This one is pretty simple, but it was fun to make with the distress ink smooshing.



Hopefully I will be able to get moving on these more often!  

Supplies:  Our Daily Bread Designs Poinsettia Collage, Archival Jet Black Ink, Distress inks, Distress Watercolor paper, Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Pen

I would love to participate in the following challenges:

9 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness..this is so beautiful! I forget about smooshing and then soon as you see a card done this way, you remember!
Your looks fabulous...

Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, this a favorite Christmas stamp from ODBD that I love! How beautiful with the "smooshing" of Distress Ink. I have to try that myself sometime. It's gotten quite "the thing" I've seen a lot of. I love the matting, and I hope you (and I) will get moving on our Christmas card collection! Hehe! Hugs, sweet friend!

Jane Willis said...

Sorry I'm late commenting - beautiful card, that background is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with May's Rudolph Day
Jane DT

Carol L said...

This is one lovely card, and so well worth the work you put into it! I love the artsy look!

Beth Norman said...

Soooooooo beautiful. It looks like an easy card to mass produce. I haven't started on my Christmas cards yet because I'm busy making cards as Christmas presents for my cousin and sister.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a gorgeous Christmas card, glad to know I'm not the only one not staying on top of our Christmas card making... Megan

Conniecrafter said...

I don't know if I have one made yet, so your doing good :) this is lovely!

*Vicki* said...

This image is really gorgeous and I love the smooshing you've done with this too!! Good for you on getting a Christmas card done!! I have yet to work on any!! LOL!! Happy weekend! HUGS

Whisper said...

Oooo what a gorgeous 3D Xmas card and thanks for joining us at May's Rudolph Days Challenge, sorry for the delay only i've been cruising round the Med, Luv Sam GD x