Today, I finished up a card using another one of my Rose stamps. When you get a large enough collection of stamps, it is easy to forget about your older stamps, and so this month I have been trying to go through all my stamps and find all the Roses and use them on a project.
For this card I first inked up the bud with distress ink, spritzed it with water and then stamped it onto regular cardstock. There was still a lot of water on the paper, so I blotted it off after a few seconds. Then, I inked my stamp again, and stamped over top of the watercolor area.
The stamp set has separate stems and leaves, so I used a stamp positioner to get those right.
The background was made using the Pillow Top method. Here is a link to a video by Gina K that will tell you how to do it. I would recommend using a sturdy piece of acetate if you try it. I used a more flimsy one first and did not get good results.
The butterfly was leftover from another project that I shared here.
Supplies: Stampin Up Watercolor Garden stamp set, Gina K Whimsical Spring stamp set, Distress Ink Worn Lipstick and Pine Needles, Versfine Onyx Black Ink.
I would love to participate in the following challenge:
Tuesday Throwdown: Watercolor
Thank you for visiting today! I hope I will see you again soon.