Friday, July 8, 2016

Cool Penguin Birthday Card

Hello and welcome!  Today, I decided to combine some challenges to make a card type that I sometimes struggle with -- Kid Birthdays!  I think this one turned out really cute!

(Click on photo for larger image.)

I colored the penguin dude with colored pencils.  As a beginner colorist, I enjoy doing the small images -- they aren't nearly as daunting for shading!




Supplies:  Imaginisce Penguin Dude, Mama Elephant Modern Borders, Gina K Happy Birthday to You, Versafine Onyx Black, Hero Arts Shadow ink Mint and Charcoal, Enamel dots, Derwent Coloursoft pencils

I would love to participate in the following challenges:


Thanks so much for stopping by!   I hope you will come back soon!

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, how adorable. I have a friend who loves penguins, and this one is sweetie. Love your modern borders...great sketch card, sweet friend! Hugs!

lostinpaper said...

I agree, it's totally too cute, love those sweet boardshorts!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is adorable! Super sweet take on the sketch!

Mac Mable said...

Such a cool card. You have used such pretty colours and I think your colouring is just perfect. Fun and friendly card x

*Vicki* said...

EEEP!! I adore penguins and this little guy really makes me smile!! :) That chevron pattern in the background along with the enamel dots make the perfect accents for him too!! HUGS

Unknown said...

Heidi, this is such a lovely colour combination, and I can't think of a kid who wouldn't just love this card! Your subtle shading is perfect, and perfectly paired with those bright enamel dots! An effective layout that makes the most of all entered Challenges. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous card for a kid of any age, Heidi! So glad you played along with us at CASology this week.