Monday, September 26, 2016

Finger Painting with Distress Paints

Power Poppy has this challenge going on called, "Color Outside the Lines," but Marcella left that open to interpretation.  I think I took it as license to try something very different.

(Click on photo to enlarge.)

I stamped a flower from my set that I don't think had seen ink before, then I started dabbing a little Distress Paint on them and rubbing it all around with my fingers.  I will admit, at first I really just applied too much and it looked overdone, but once I got the hint that I should use less, I really liked the results.  I then trimmed my favorite three flowers out and (with my fingers again) applied some Inka Gold around the edges and to the center with a brush.




Supplies:  Power Poppy Simply Camelias Stamp set, Archival Jet Black ink, Distress Paints in Spun Sugar and Fired Brick, Inka Gold, Vellum and papers from my stash, Versamark Ink and Recollections White Detail embossing powder, Spellbinders Fantastic Flourish One die

I would love to participate in this challenge:

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by and even more if you took the time to leave a comment.  I always am thrilled to read them!

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such an elegant and gorgeous design!! Love the shimmer over the flowers too! HUGS :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, I think you did color outside the lines is more ways than one! I love it, and I really love the colors and how you've added the gold. And what a great layout with the fancy flourish as the leaves/vine and that sentiment embossed on the vellum. Beautifully done, sweet friend, and it's such fun to try something totally new - and ink up something new! Hugs!

Beth Norman said...

Great job working on finger painting. I like how you added the Inka Gold around the edges.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I would have thought the paint would have covered up the stamp lines but it looks beautiful, love the colors, really like the inka gold on it too!

lostinpaper said...

Colouring outside the lines sounds so daring! Love your beautiful interpretation of the challenge, those flowers are darling!