Tuesday, September 25, 2018

One-Sheet Wonder Christmas Cards - Alternate Layouts

Hi everyone! I know I’m like 10 years behind, but I recently became interested in some of the one-sheet wonder layouts.  There are only a few for 6x6 pads, but I found this one that I liked pretty well. If you click the link, there is a download for the cuts of patterned paper.  My one-sheet is the pretty poinsettia paper.

However, I like to use up a lot of patterned paper, and don’t usually create very simple cards, so I added more papers to each, added black mats and altered the layouts for more variety.  There was one layout that I didn’t prefer, so I just made a second card with one of the others.

I added simple accents to the stamped sentiments with markers. 


 (If you are very detail-oriented, you will notice that I must have had scraps leftover.  I did, but my patterned paper was a bit of a larger print, so when I cut those 1x1 inch squares, not all of them worked.)

This is the card I made a duplicate.  The stamping on this one was fun!

For this card, I stamped two poinsettias in red and green, then layered them and added Nuvo glitter drop to the center. 
Supply list: Close to My Heart Mistletoe Wishes, ‘Tis The Season Cardmaking and Just Treats Stamp sets, Versafine black ink, red and green Water-based markers to color in certain parts, Hero Arts Red Royal shadow ink, Gina K green ink, Nuvo glitter drops Blizzard, Gina Marie X stitched circle dies, Spellbinders circle dies

I would love to enter in the September Rudolph Days and CraftyHazelnut’s September Patterned Paper Challenge



Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will consider subscribing to my blog and leaving a comment.  Have a crafty day!

19 comments:

Cat Craig said...

You're getting a great start on your cards using those festive papers. I do like the layers and your combining of patterns.

Carol L said...

These are fantastic and I cannot choose a favorite among them! I haven't done a one-sheet wonder in years, but perhaps I should do more of them as I have overflowing boxes of dsp! BTW, if you email me (it's on my sidebar) I'll send you a photo tutorial of how I made the leaves on my card you commented on :)

Cindi (aka iring) said...

At first glance, I thought you fussy cut the poinsettias from the patterned paper. Your stamps are such a good match! Nice cards!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fabulous cards and all so well designed. I have not done a one sheet wonder in ages. Thanks for the reminder.

*Vicki* said...

I hardly ever do 1 sheet wonders and I really wish I did more like this! You've chosen a stunning paper to do it with for sure! Your accents and layouts look incredible! :) HUGS

cass said...

Wonderful cards, all great designs. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Beth Norman said...

You're so talented. I think one sheet wonders are coming back. These cards are absolutely beautiful!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great cards! Love your combo of papers and your designs. Thanks for sharing the layouts for one sheet wonders.

Conniecrafter said...

These are all so pretty and great with that paper, I have yet to try these too, I could make so many with all the paper I have, I think Christmas is the best time to use it also, get a lot of cards made that way :)

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a treat...Love how you used the paper, so clever and absolutely fabulous cards....All of them x.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh! You are so smart. I am with you that the 6x6 one sheet wonder patterns always have you chop up too much DSP and you have just little scraps to work with. You are smart to combine them with other DSP. Like, that is so obvious and so brilliant all at the same time. Love the cards you made. They are just wonderful.

Kathleen said...

Hi, what a brilliant set of card and I never thought of doing the one sheet wonder for Christmas cards, what a great idea. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my card.

Kath x

Bev Polen said...

Wow! Heidi, you did an amazing job of creating four cards with one piece of pattern paper! The cards are so gorgeous and the designs are great!

aussie aNNie said...

wow these are ALL fabulous Christmas cards, stunning and love the papers used. xx

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fantastic collection of Christmas cards for your stash, love the patterned paper with the large sentiments. This looks like an ideal way to use some of the patterned paper I've been saving... have a wonderful weekend.. Megan

mamapez5 said...

A great set of cards. Perfect colour matching and I love the big sentiments. Kate P. x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Heidi, thank you for your visit to my blog and you lovely comment.
You have lovely cards here, beautifully created and such lovely papers. I'm your latest follower, and will look forward to seeing your new creations, Kate x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, i love these christmas cards! The papers are very pretty and each design is different but they’d make a great set! Thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Linda
Rudolph Days Challenge DT

scrappymo! said...

These are all fabulous. I love how you used up your snippets after you made the first card. I will check out your link to these one sheet wonders.

Thank you for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.