Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Flower of the Month: September Aster

Hello!  Did you know that September’s Birth Flower is the Aster?  That isn’t a big surprise as you may see them for sale all over during the early fall.  I made this card for my friend, whose birthday is in just a couple days!  


I tried to color the image in what I think is the quintessential color for an Aster, a pretty periwinkle. I used a blue and a purple alcohol marker to get this look.  I die cut the image, and then with the die in place, sponged light blue distress ink over top, to get the delicate white frame.  

I like to decorate the inside by stamping the flower in a very light ink with the sentiment over top.

  

Supplies: I Brake for Stamps September Asters, Sentiment from Half Sheet 138B, Versafine and Memento Black inks, Hero Arts Soft Sky shadow ink, Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers, Spellbinders Labels 18 dies, Bo Bunny Early Bird 6x6 Patterned paper pad, other items from my stash. 

I sure appreciate your visiting the blog today!  Happy Stamping!


12 comments:

April said...

Oh how pretty your flowers are against the striped background! Love it!

Esther Asbury said...

I love how the blues in the background really make your asters "pop!" Beautiful coloring and I love how you finished the inside!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my the flowers are gorgeous! Really love the coloring you did with them! Nicely done!

Cat Craig said...

I am so loving all these blue tones and I am not a blue fan. Gorgeous.

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty, love all that blue and your colouring of the asters is super. I didn't know it was the Sept flower...well presented as always.xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love asters and used to grow purple ones before my apartment living. The striped paper is lovely as is your colouring.

Conniecrafter said...

those are gorgeous and you picked a lovely color for them! I love your sentiment stamped over the image softly in the inside!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and so realistic looking.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Very pretty card, your coloring is perfect. I love the image stamped inside as well, clever idea!

cuilliesocks said...

A very pretty floral card with wonderful colouring Heidi, Kate x

Carol L said...

Yep, I know Asters are September's birth month flower as my birthday is in a few days also LOL This is colored beautifully and the sponging is fabulous too. Love the stripes working the background and I'm sure your friend is going to love this :)

wannabcre8tive said...

This is gorgeous. I love the color of your beautiful flowers.