Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Brusho Floral “Two for One” cards

Hello!  I recently tried a technique for making two cards using one panel and I wanted to share this with you.  You can see Jennifer McGuire’s original idea in this video, but I know many people prefer to quickly browse a photo tutorial, so I am adding a tutorial on how I made these specific cards.




First, I stamped the Dahlia onto some Brusho backgrounds. I was able to stamp one and a half flowers on each background, the colors were Yellow Ochre, Rose Red and Terra-cotta.  I trimmed these out.  



Then, I used a sheet of cardstock 5.25 inches by 8.5 inches, marking the halfway point with a pencil line.


I dry fit my flowers in a way I thought might look good.


I also used a sheet of paper to look how each half of the card looked on its own.  


Then I glued down all the flowers and cut the panel in half.  My guillotine trimmer cut through all the layers easily.  


I finished the cards off with a heat embossed sentiment from the same set on a die cut label.  I also added some black Nuvo drops.  I could have used the background in any orientation, but I kept them the same as they were originally.  (You might have noticed, on the left card, I added an extra little scrap of a flower to fill it out.)


I also wanted to show you how I finished off the inside of the Thinking of You card with the Memories Comforts You stamp.  This is my favorite sympathy sentiment.  


As always, if you are shopping at the I Brake for Stamps store, use my code SAVE10HEIDI to save 10% off your entire order. 

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a great day and keep on stamping!

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Your brusho florals are so pretty! I love the watercolor effect over them! Yes, JM segments on the "2 for 1" are awesome and I really need to go back to the classes I was taking and get into doing that myself! Fabulous cards!

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Heidi, your colours are so bright and cheery, lovely design,Kate x x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice work Heidi. Great tutorial too. Love your colour scheme.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous. Awesome colors. I tried that technique too but mine were not nearly as beautiful as yours.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and lovely technique...xx

Christine said...

What a brill technique! Love it all, the design and colours are perfect. Lovely and bright on such a rain filled day.
I much prefer reading a tut, I never even glance at a video, sometimes even if I stop start it is too fast.

Cat Craig said...

This is one of my favorite techniques. So fast to make two cards. Yours turned out amazing.

Conniecrafter said...

Such a great job you did with this challenge and I like how you added the flower on the inside too!

Aimeslee Winans said...

So clever and pretty, and I have that innie sentiment and it's a go-to one for sure! I have so many sympathy sentiments I thought I had to have and yet they never seem right. This one is really the only one I need. XOXO p.s. if IBFS offered cling, I'd still use them!

Mac Mable said...

Such a clever and useful idea Heidi and thank you for the step by step x. Such vibrant and beautiful cards x.

April said...

This is lovely! Pretty colors too.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful Heidi. Well done. Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}