Monday, July 6, 2020

Torn Paper Stencil Technique Tutorial

Hello!  I have been having fun using stencils and thought of trying a technique with torn paper.  I hadn’t seen this done before, although it is pretty simple, I thought I would do a little picture tutorial.




1) I first tore some paper to cover part of my card front.  

2) I then taped my stencil over top of this.  

3) I used two colors of green ink to sponge over the stencil. I think two colors adds depth.  

4) I then carefully removed my stencil.  I think this next step is really important.  I used a light touch with my sponge and applied ink to the top and bottom of my paper mask and to the edges of the cardstock.   

5) I removed the paper mask.  This leaves a great spot for stamping a message or image.  

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.  I finished my card off very simply with a sentiment from I Brake for Stamps and the flower from Sparkle n Sprinkle. I may go back and add a few enamel dots to it.  

Thanks for visiting today!  Please let me know if you try this technique!

10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Cool technique. Looks lovely.

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Great step out photos and clear explanation. Thanks for sharing this technique. Your card is very nice. Wonderful sentiment to share a message of sympathy.

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the step by step, which was really useful... A fabulous card and I so like the torn paper effect for the lovely sentiment x. Wonderful stencilling and blending and a beautiful card x.

cuilliesocks said...

This is so beautiful Heidi, lovely colours and design. Thank you for the how to do photos, Kate x

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the shades of green and your flower is very pretty with it, love the sentiment!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely leafy card, in fact I have just made something of similar nature with torn strips and negative die cut on my gelli plate.xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

very nice technique and tutorial
Lovely stencil

aussie aNNie said...

Yes, I have used those mice before Heidie, they are a Crafts U print set.x

Carol L said...

TFS this fun tutorial for making impressive cards! It turned out beautiful!

*Vicki* said...

Oh yes! I love me a good stencil play and it certainly looks like you had so much fun! Great idea with the torn paper too!! I love your design!