Thursday, July 23, 2020

Slimline Turtles

Hello!  Things are a bit busy the last couple weeks and I have not been blogging as much as I would like. I do have several Christmas cards in the works, but they are not ready to share yet.  

Slimline cards are something that a lot of people are trying now.  I thought I would join the bandwagon.  They can be a variety of sizes, mine fits in a business envelope and is 3.5 inches by 8.5 inches. 



I like this size to send money or a check, and I like it because I can fit a bit more on it.  It would have been hard to fit both turtles on an A2 card.

My background is a stencil technique with Distress Oxide inks in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers. You can see a quick tutorial for this here. The stencil is from A Colorful Life Designs.

These stamps are from the I Brake for Stamps By the Sea stamp set.  (As always, save 10% on your order with my code SAVE10HEIDI)

Hope you are having a good day! Keep on stamping! 


11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Love this style, you are rocking that masked blank space with the stencilling on either side.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute slimline card there with those wonderful turtles.

handmade by amalia said...

Such a pretty card, I like the whimsy and the colors.
Amalia
xo

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and love the slimline style. x

Lisa Babitz said...

Love your stenciled background with the faux torn panel for your greeting. Nice coloring and nice layout on your slimline card as well.

Beth Norman said...

Love your slimline card. The stencil is perfect with the turtle. Fabulous work.

Conniecrafter said...

That stencil is just perfect for your turtles and fun sentiment too!

*Vicki* said...

Your stenciled background is incredible here! It's just perfect for your little swimming turtles too!! Lovely slimline design and I'm with you about this being easier to tuck in some cash!! :)

cuilliesocks said...

Oh I love your card Heidi, the turtles are wonderful and I love the size of card, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

The slim line design is perfect for this water and turtle scene and a great idea to pop money into the fabulous card x.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the new Slimline card craze- have not made one in a long time...love your layout and great and fun image- the turtles are wonderful! Beautifully done!