Saturday, March 18, 2023

Frilly Flowers Notecard

 Hello from design team member, Heidi.  Today, I could use your help. I don’t know what this flower stamp is.  I have a feeling I should know, but I don’t.  I am pretty sure it isn’t an orange flower, but I really wanted it to be orange, and that is the power of stamping, you can really do as you please. 



I stamped three flowers and colored them with alcohol markers. I fussy cut them out, but I really didn’t feel I needed to be too careful with it.  I then added a bunch of glitter glue to the flower.  It looks so pretty when it dries down on the orange.  

I did a simple arrangement for the flowers over an oval die cut and then added a sentiment strip and die cut butterfly to ground the card together.  The background is a gelli print I had in my stash.  It as made with an embossing folder for the design.


This flower stamp is so affordable and so pretty!  

It is called Flower on Stem at the Blank Page Muse shop.

The sentiment was taken from a large sentiment set called Everyday Phrases, and this one is at the I Brake for Stamps shop.

If you know the flower, or think you might, please comment!  It is one of the things that drives me nuts!

Thanks for visiting today!

You can also find more inspiration at the links below:

The Blank Page Muse- https://blankpagemuse.com/

FB Fan Page- https://www.facebook.com/groups/blankpagemuse/

Instagram Shop- https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuse/

Instagram Blog- https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuseblog/

Twitter- https://twitter.com/BlankPageMuse

Pintrest- https://www.pinterest.com/blankpagemuse/boards/

4 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a pretty card and love the colours, my best guess is it looks like a Zinnia, they have many layers just not sure that they have the serrated looking edges. We are in the middle of a heat wave, currently front porch is 38C or 100F. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Aimeslee Winans said...

Heidi, a lovely card from you as usual! Hope you are not too cold this weekend, we are for a change! As for this flower, I'm also guessing quite confidentally it's a zinnia. Here's the thing, like you I always want to know the species to color properly but I've also learned that these drawings are sometimes more whimsical and/or abstract than literally correct. Google zinnia, then look at the photos, many have saw-tooth edges, plus LOTS more layers. This may have been what the illustrator of your stamp was trying to convey, the depth of the layers. This is exactly why I fight myself now - I color up and use any flower I want any color I want, haha. And, you cannot go wrong with an orange zinnia for sure. XOX

Carol L said...

As your previous comments indicated, I feel too they're zinnias. It doesn't matter what color they are, you created a very pretty bouquet of flowers and I like that butterfly accent too!

April said...

This is a pretty card! I love the background. I use my artistic license all the time! LOL! I say, it is my work and I can color it the way I want. I have colored furry animals blue and purple before just to make it fun.