Monday, March 27, 2023

Hero Arts MMH March 2023 Card Idea - Squeeze the Day - Ombré Background

 Hello stamping friends!  I have a card to share today that uses my March Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit.  I used a technique for Ombré technique that is new to me.

I first stamped and heat embossed the background stamp on watercolor paper.  I then used direct-to-paper to apply Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade right across the center of the page.  I made sure this applied darkly. 



I then took a damp baby wipe and used circular motions to spread that ink toward the edges of the paper.  This is what gives you an easy ombré look.

This was fun to do and I will be trying it with some of my other background stamps too.  I found this idea that adapts very well to heat embossed stamps from this blog.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful summer design Heidi. I love the colours, Kate x

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card. I love your technique for the ombré look. Love the color.