Monday, February 19, 2024

Cards with Ephemera - Part 1

Hello Crafty Crafters! 

One thing I have started buying, or receiving as gifts, is ephemera packs.  There are so many pretty ones out there (and they typically come with A LOT of pieces) but I realized I wasn’t using very many up if I just used them as a focal point here and there.  So I endeavored to change that!

Here are 3 cards where I used up quite a bit of Ephemera in simple ways…

1) First off a very simple card, but I added some interest by layering a 4 pieces of ephemera.  The background here is a background stamp by Purple Onion designs.  I like the way the gold foiled parts look together.


2) Second Card:  I used a frame from the Ephemera pack, along with a sentiment and a flower.  The vines are  an Impression Obsession die cover plate. So absolutely no stamping here!


3) The third card from this pack is my favorite.  The obvious pieces are a frame and then some flowers and leaves.  However, the butterflies came from the ephemera too, but not exactly.  There were some neat shapes with a blue marble pattern. I wouldn’t have used the shapes, so I punched some butterflies out.  I used some gems for the butterfly bodies.  The background is pearl paste over a stencil, and then the navy is embossed with a Spellbinders embossing folder.  

This post is the simple ways to use Ephemera but I have some more ideas coming that use lots more!  See you then!

4 comments:

Carol L said...

Those beautiful blue colors look great on each card, and that's a wonderful use for your ephemera pieces too. Well done.

Aimeslee Winans said...

The blues in your cards are so pretty, great ephemera choices and the gold in the first one really does look matched! XOX

Conniecrafter said...

Great layering on the first one, love the gold touches.
Pretty flower in the second and like how you used the cover plate for inside the frame.
Such pretty arranging of the flowers in the last one and great idea to use pieces that you normally wouldn't use for the butterflies!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wanna really say THANK YOU for popping over to my blog and commenting on my lovebird card!! Means a lot!

Loving that you are using ephemera as well.. I actually opened some packs and used some today, thanks for the advise to USE them us -that's what they are for! I actually had to tell myself, Kimberly, do not be afraid to use the pretty flowers... so I did. I'll post that scrapbook layout in a few days!!

Today I used some white embossed butterflies I did by accident believe it or not!! LOL..I was supposed to stencil them BEFORE die cutting, I got carried away and had perfect leftovers to use. (Happy accidents) HAPPY Crafting.