Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring Colors

Hello!  Today I want to share a card that took a long time to come together and yet turned out so simple!  I probably was overthinking it...



I started with a panel that I watercolored and then used heat embossing to create my flowers.  Although it took me a while to come up with an arrangement that I liked, it turned out very clean and simple, with spring colors and texture in the white background.  



The butterfly was fun to heat emboss on light green vellum.  I really think it is pretty!

Supplies: Gina K Designs Better With You, Made With Love, Massive Messages stamp sets, Versamark ink, Cuttlebug Decorative Tile embossing folder, Gina K Designs Applemint cardstock, Gina K Designs Applemint ink, Tombow Markers, Watercolor cardstock, My Favorite Things Pierced square Die-Namics,  Recollections Pastel vellum, Recollections White embossing powder.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

5 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful spring colors. Love the embossed background with the pretty flowers and butterfly. thanks so much for joining us at Mod Squad this week.

Andrea W said...

Beautiful card! The colors are terrific and I love the delicate vellum butterfly.

lostinpaper said...

I overthink everything and it ALL takes a long time to come together for me, I'm such a slow paper crafter lol. Your card is so pretty and well worth the time it took, love the added texture of the embossed background, it makes the flowers and butterfly pop!

Carol L said...

I'm also one to overthink, but my excessive thoughts rarely turn out a beautiful card like this one! I love the colors and trio of floral panels, and the butterfly looks amazing! Gorgeous!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card, love the vellum butterfly.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby