Hello and thanks for stopping in!
I had this piece of watercoloring (photo below: I created this with yellow, magenta and cyan watercolor markers, then blended) that I had rejected for another project, but as I am trying to keep my small crafting space cleaner this year, I thought I should try to use it. I decided on using a silhouette floral stamp for an embossed resist with clear embossing powder, and then applied black over top. This is basically like what is called the Joseph's Coat technique.
I used Black Soot Distress ink, and it worked quite well on the watercolor paper panel. I think it is quite fun to see how different the background looks when you do this technique, it looks less vibrant, maybe, but still very pretty.
Supplies: Purple Onion Design Flowers Cluster stamp, Versamark Ink, Recollections clear detail embossing powder, watercolor paper, Distress Ink Black Soot, Gina K Designs Assorted Greetings (there is a verse stamped inside the card too), Versafine Onyx Black ink, Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics dies
I would like to submit this project to the following challenges: