Friday, August 17, 2018

Back to School Wise Owl

Hello!  Today, I am playing with the Free for All Challenge FFA443 at SplitCoastStampers which is a Back to School theme.    I love this owl stamp and colored him in colors I thought would go in an old university library.


I mix and matched some patterned papers from different sets and tore the edge of that accent paper.  A brad and some fun foam to pop up the image, and my card was done. 


Supplies: Stampendous Literay Owl stamp, Memento black ink, spectrum noir alcohol markers, My Mind’s Eye Happy Camper and World Traveler 6x6 patterned paper packs, other items from my stash.  

I truly appreciate your visits and enjoy reading your comments! Please consider following my blog using the Blogger tool on the side bar, or on facebook or pinterest, too.

10 comments:

Carol L said...

I just love how you put this together with the torn papers and fabulously colored owl! Wonderful card Heidi!

Viv said...

Great card and design here Heidi. Love the owl and the background papers complete the card so perfectly too ;) Viv xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic wise owl image on the stack of books and the coloring is perfect. You paired it up with a wonderful assortment of colors and papers too. I love it.

Conniecrafter said...

Love your coloring and how you tore the strip of paper, Brad is a nice touch also! Great masculine card!

Bev Polen said...

The owl image on your card is fantastic, Heidi! I love owl cards and this one is no exception!

*Vicki* said...

Such a very regal looking image! Fantastic coloring and love the ripped paper design in the background as well!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a superb card, love the deep colours and the stamp is a beauty. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Lisa D said...

Fantastic coloring!

Cat Craig said...

nice layering

Beth Norman said...

Such a gorgeous card. I love, love, love your image, and how you tore your background paper. Very nice work Heidi.