Thursday, October 10, 2019

Home Decor Stamping Project

Hello all!  I have a very different project to share today. I found this Pocket Frame at Tuesday Morning.  It has a magnetic removable top, so you can slide artwork in and out of the frame.  I thought I would make a little stamped piece to display on my stamp desk.  


I started with a sheet of pattern paper that had a few element of a post card on it.  I did some stamping in the background with pool and tan dye inks.  I then stamped onto coordinating patterned papers with the antique tomb fragment and then sculpted bird and fussy cut them.


The one thing I learned with this project is that although I did use foam tape for some elements, it does not look very dimensional in the frame.  The next artwork I do, I will know that I can make it much much more dimensional.  

This was a really fun project!  I will be displaying it for a while, but I am already looking forward to making another one!

Supplies: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Flight of Fancy stamp set, Technique Junkies Tomb Fragment Panel, Gina K Dark Chocolate ink, Hero Arts Soft Sand and Tide Pool inks, My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found Portobello Road 6x6 patterned paper pad

Thanks for visiting today!

17 comments:

Cat Craig said...

How fun to make a piece for yourself, Heidi. THe collage look is fabulous.

aussie aNNie said...

wow loving this.x

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning piece of artwork to frame Heidi! Really loving that quote!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such a clever idea! You can make all kinds of seasonal inserts too!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great find! Love your home décor project! So very creative!

Connie Mercer said...

Beautifully created :) thanks for stopping by!!!

Carol L said...

What a great find at TM! I haven't been there in ages, and I always found priceless gems in there. Enjoy looking at this every day - it's fantastic!

cuilliesocks said...

It's just lovely Heidi, I love the background and the panel, fabulous piece of home decor, Kate x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice artistic shadow box. Lucky score for you! Your stamped images are very artsy. Lovin' this piece.

Chark said...

so cool! I need to make a Tuesday run!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous home decor design.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun way to decorate your craft space, love the colours. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

April said...

This is beautiful! I know you will enjoy it on your desk.

Conniecrafter said...

that turned out so cool and it sounds like it will be quite easy to change out too, terrific fussy cutting. that is one of my downfalls, I am not good at it

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love how understated and subtly gorgeous your stamped collage is. Don't know what size square you made but if it like 6x6 or 8x8 or 12x12 you can store your "retired" pieces in scrapbooking albums. That's how I store my 8x8 Decos. xoxo

Lisa Babitz said...

This is beautiful. All of your images go perfectly together and look great in that particular frame. It's so cool that you can just slide the top off and switch out the work inside (if/when you choose to).

Shelly Schmidt said...

So very pretty- what a great score was the frame and a beautiful art piece to have on your stamping desk!