Friday, October 4, 2019

Pinned It? Try It! Week 7 In & Out Embossing

Hello and happy weekend!  Boy, it has been a busy week!  I am really hoping for a low key weekend.  We shall see.  It’s time for another episode of Pinned It? Try It!  This week I am going to try something called In & Out Embossing.

The Pin is here, and a direct link to the blog post is here.  This was created by Susan Roberts in 2011. The idea is to use an embossing folder, then turn your paper, and emboss the other direction.  You can use the same embossing folder, or use different ones, like I did.  




One embossing folder is from Darice and the other is Elizabeth Crafts.  I first lightly spritzed my cardstock with water on each side.  I did the all over pattern first, and the frame second.  Now, I didn’t take a photo, but it was very pretty just in white, but for whatever reason, I wanted to up the ante.  


I sponged blue on the inside and green around the frame.  I just thought this would really bring out the embossing, and it did.  I added hibiscus flowers to the top, and then my sentiment and a cute cute cute little snail at the bottom.  I finished it off some glitter Nuvo drops.  

Supplies:  Hero Arts Layering Hibiscus stamp set and dies, Close to my Heart Wordfetti sentiment stamp, Purple Onion snail stamp, Archival and Memento black inks, Distress Oxide inks for stamping flowers, Distress inks in Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn for sponging, Darice and Elizabeth Crafts Embossing folders, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for coloring, Nuvo Crystal Drops in Blizzard.  

This is definitely a technique I will do again!  For the entire series of Pinned It? Try It! Click here.  

Thanks for visiting today!  Have you tried this technique before?

I would love to enter the Library Challenge’s Secret Garden challenge, and Cute Card Thursday’s Anything Goes challenge.

17 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Your card is absolutely adorable and so pretty at the same time! This is a new one to me for the "In & Out Embossing"! Very cool concept and will need to try it out sometime!

*Vicki* said...

P.S. Sorry, but forgot to mention a thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us over at Cute Card Thursday! HUGS :)

Esther Asbury said...

I've never heard of "in and out" embossing, but it looks fun! Your card sure turned out pretty with that botanical frame and those gorgeous flowers!

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, the pinks and blue tinged greens are so pretty together and thanks you to I have learned about another new technique.

Connie Mercer said...

Looks gorgeous!!!!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Heidi, beautifully coloured floral image and an adorable little snail. Super background too, Kate x x

Carol L said...

Susan has been one of my favorite card designers for a long time, and how clever of her to come up with such a genius idea! This turned out so pretty and that snail is adorable on the sentiment panel :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I absolutely love the colors. That little snail is so darling too!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable and a great idea, may try this today. I always thought it would flatten the previous embossed part but guess it will be trial and error for me too...lovely result.x

Aimeslee Winans said...

oh yes heidi, winner winner chicken dinner for sure! love how you colored the embossing and decorated your card. definitely the challenge is to pair compatible folders. i find this also with combining stencils. great episode of your series! happy weekend! xoxo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cool technique. I really like this series of pinning you're doing. The colours are so pretty. The snail is stinkin cute.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Interesting idea! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Babitz said...

Beautiful card! The two embossing folders you chose are perfect for layering; they look great together. The color you added to your embossed surface really makes the embossed areas stand out. Love the images you added too!

Conniecrafter said...

That turned out too cool, I love the blending you did to let it stand out and your pretty flowers and that oh too cute snail tops it off nicely, LOVE it!

Marina said...

This is so pretty and the snail is so cute. Stamped snails are my favourite type of snail - they don't leave trails or get accidentally crushed on a damp day!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I really love the look of this double embissing- so pretty! The sponging really makes the patterns pop, and love love that gorgeous flower- and the snail too : )

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is just beautiful. I love the sponging of color inside your embossing folder. It turned out fabulous.