Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Pretty Floral Thank You

Hello everyone!  As expected, I did have another busy week!  I am still waiting for my permanent dental crown to be ready, but the temporary one doesn’t feel too bad anymore.  The kids have been busy as ever, and I have been like a professional chauffeur!  Well, maybe not!

I did have some time to make a couple cards yesterday, and plan to work on some more today.  So I will be sharing again soon, instead of leaving a week go by without posting anything new. I know I won’t be able to read every post I missed, but I will be making an effort!

Today’s card was designed using flowers from a couple different stamp sets.  

I first stamped the silhouette flower by inking it up with two colors of blue ink.  I do not have any fancy ombré ink pads, so this is an easy way to get a similar look.  I cut this into a tag and edged it with green ink.


For my embellishment, I stamped an outline flower onto some scrap teal cardstock and I cut it out. I used glitter glue on the center.  Then I placed this over a bow on my card to create a hand done embellishment.  



Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Half Sheet 138BFlorals Sheet (Save 10% on your order using my code SAVE10HEIDI) Hero Arts Cornflower and Soft Pool inks, Gina K Applemint Ink, Versafine Black Ink, Recollections Backyard Table 6x6 paper pad, Frantic Stamper edge dies, other items from my stash.

As always, I thank you all for visiting and commenting.  It really does brighten one’s spirits and encourage me to make more cards!  I hope you are having a good day!

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty way to do the ombre effect on the tag. Such a beautiful card and love how you have put the papers and design together. Good news about your tooth and hope your permanent crown comes soon x.

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely thank you. Loving the layers and the ombre you achieved.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Heidi, such beautiful colours and a wonderful design, Kate x

April said...

This is lovely! I love the colors you used.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Heidi, you know what they say - every queen needs a crown! :) This is super! I love the color choice and the vibrant blue flower as a focal point - beautiful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a wonderful card design. Beautiful colors.

Connie Mercer said...

Beautifully created :)

*Vicki* said...

This is so pretty Heidi! Really love the silhouette floral image on your tag and the flower in the center of the bow....espcially with the sparkly pretties in the center! Very beautifully done!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is so pretty, and I love your flower embellishment. Your tag looks great with the patterned paper you chose.

Carol L said...

This turned out so pretty with the silhouette floral background on the tag. Love that pretty bow with the fussy cut flower too! Very pretty!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so very pretty, Heidi. I love the colors. The silhouette looks great in the blue color and I like the big green embossed flower with the ribbons.

Happy things are going well with the temporary crown.

Esther Asbury said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors and the layout AND the little bit of sparkle in the center of your flower!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Pretty card. Your papers are lovely and so is the tag. I hope your permanent crown is soon in