Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Coffee Is My Blood Type

Hello All!  Long time, no see!  I have been feeling very low-energy lately, so I decided to make a card with one of my favorite, most energizing themes.  Coffee!

I started with a background created with Colorburst powders.  This background is really pretty in person.  It is gloomy today so my camera just didn’t capture the depth of the colors.  I stamped over the background with dark brown Versafine ink with the coffee cup image.  


The focal image is one of my favorite stamps.  It just makes me laugh.  This was stamped on a kraft cardstock with brown ink, and then I sponged color around the edge of my oval die.  

These stamps are part of I Brake for Stamps Coffee Rubber Sheet.

Thanks for visiting and keep on stamping!


11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Heidi, sorry to hear that you are not feeling too good at the moment, I hope your energy levels rise soon.
Your card is fabulous, super coffee cup images and a brilliant sentiment, Kate x x

Connie Mercer said...

Love the background you created ~ looks great with the focal image. Great card!!

Bunny said...

A cuppa coffee perked you up. It's a really pretty card. Love the color. [Bunny]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome coffee card design.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card Heide and glad you perked up enough to shout us a great design. xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO cute. I love the sentiment (coffee is my blood type as well...just in case you ever need a transfusion...lol). Thanks for stopping by my blog, I always really appreciate it. I also love the color of your card, really pretty! I'd sure love to have you link up at Word Art Wednesday. I enjoy seeing all your creativity.
Have a blessed week!
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Carol L said...

Glad to see you back to blogging again. I've been feeling so blah lately too and I sure hope it passes soon! Love this card and funny quote - it works for me too! I may plug an IV into the coffee pot one day soon!

Conniecrafter said...

ha ha, fun sentiment to go with your coffee theme card, you did a great job of coloring your cup in the sentiment to go with your great background!

*Vicki* said...

Wow that background turned out stunning! Oh yes, I couldn't agree more with your sentiment here either! LOL!! Really fantastic card my friend!

Viv said...

Great card Heidi, love the colour and design too! sorry you have low energy atm., Spring will soon be here... I keep telling myself that anyway ;) Viv xx

Mac Mable said...

What an uplifting card and such a creative background x. Love the sentiment and loving this card. Hope you will feel much brighter soon? Sending hugs x.