Thursday, October 1, 2020

Halloween Sky

 Hello!  Happy October!  I am not very into Halloween, but I do like to give out candy to trick or treaters. I don’t feel as safe doing that this year, so I wanted to send out cards and maybe a little candy money to some of the special kids in my life.  

I used an all-purpose Trees Background stamp here and made it Halloween by using those colors in the sky.  I first punched a circle from masking paper, then sponged my inks on the paper till I got the blend I wanted.  I removed that mask to reveal a moon, and then stamped over top with the Tree stamp.  The sentiment was created with dies.  

I have previously used this stamp with blues to create a wintery sky.  As always, save 10% on your entire order at the I Brake for Stamps store using my code SAVE10HEIDI.

Thanks for visiting and keep on stamping!

13 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it. Awesome colors.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully created Heidi, love the scene and the fabulous colours, Kate x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Stunning work, Heidi. My jaw dropped open when I first saw this beauty. You really did an amazing job with this sky. The branches look fabulous against this sky. Have a great day, and enjoy your weekend.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great design for Halloween. Love the ink blending on the sky!

Bunny said...

Lovely colors. The card is beautiful. [Bunny]

Lisa Babitz said...

Awesome sponged background behind those trees; perfect for a Halloween card!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous blending of the inks, like the moon with it, just perfect to go with your stamp!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous blending and a very gorgeous sky! Nice of you to think of alternatives to traditional trick or treating.

Mac Mable said...

Wow....so atmospheric and a fabulous halloween scene x.Yes I think treat or treating will be off this year x.

Carol L said...

This is awesome! It can be spooky or just a wonderful autumn sky. I absolutely LOVE this card!

April said...

I love this card! Just beautiful!

wannabcre8tive said...

Heidi, I am so loving this beautiful Halloween card. Your sponged sky is fabulous.

Aimeslee Winans said...

OMYGOSH, Heidi - that's ink-blending perfection on that sky and I love the crispness of the moon behind the tree branches. Stunning! XOX