Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Watercolor Wedding Card

Hello, cardmakers! Since Valentine’s Day just passed, I decided to make a wedding card when all these Love stamps are already out.  I always like to have a Wedding card in the stash.


I first stamped the heart stamp on watercolor paper and heat embossed it with White Detail Embossing powder.  I then used pink watercolor paint over top in a very loose wash.  I die cut out the panel.  Then, I stamped and colored the bells.  I used alcohol markers and some glitter pens to accent the ribbon and the design on the bell.  I popped this up on the card with foam tape.



I would love to enter Tuesday Throwdown’s Falling Hearts challenge, and WordArtWednedsay’s Anything Goes challenge!

I Brake for Stamps Wedding Sheet stamp set, Versamark ink, Versafine and Memento Black inks, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Koi pan watercolors, Close To My Heart silver glitter gems, other items from my stash.
(Save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI)

Thanks for visiting today!!!!


14 comments:

kReN said...

Love your card and that ink blending. I am your newest follower.
Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com
kReN@afourthlife

*Vicki* said...

Wow such a soft and pretty deisgn!! Love how you've made the watercolor wash over the heat embossed love sentiment!! So pretty!! HUGS

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty effect with the white heat embossing and the loose water colouring. Great stamped heart text and the bells and the ribbon are so cute. Very romantic and beautiful card x.

cuilliesocks said...

This is so beautiful Heidi, it's a lovely design and colours. I love the white embossed script, and those gorgeous bells, Kate x

wannabcre8tive said...

A gorgeous wedding card. Love the sentiment and water coloring.

Darnell said...

That's one of my favorite poems, Heidi, and I just love how you designed your beautiful wedding card around it! I don't have your email address, but I wanted you to know I skipped a step when talking on my post today about the Oxide Ink and foiling. I've done an edit if you want to go back and get the correct "how to" info. Sorry! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful wedding card and wonderful colors.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun and pretty wedding card for your stash, love the colours. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Lisa said...

I love the Wedding sheet stamp set, that is really a neat card you made! Love the composition too! ~happy creating~

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, I love the watercolor wash over the embossed heart sentiment! Like the bells at the bottom!

Georgiana said...

Very pretty!

Terri Winske said...

What a beautiful wedding card - such gorgeous colors, and I love the sentiment stamp you used! Very attractive. Thanks so much for sharing this at our Falling Hearts challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.