Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Shaving Cream Stencil Technique - Valentine Card

A couple weeks ago, in my stamping group, we were challenged to use the Shaving Cream Stencil Technique by UnderstandBlue, blog and video is here. I made several backgrounds because it was really fun!


This background was made with Distress reinkers, I think in Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord. I was surprised how deep the colors were, I could have used less reinker!  I paired this with a cute bunny image.

I would love to enter this in Word Art Wednesday’s Anything Goes challenge.

Supplies: Purple Onion Poppy stamp, Jillibean Soup Sweet Treat stamp set, Memento and Versafine Onyx Black ink, Distress Reinkers Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, Dusty concord, Balzer Designs Mini Chevron stencil, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, other items from my stash

Thank you so much for visiting today!

14 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That came out really cute.

Carol L said...

The background looks fabulous on this sweet heart valentine! I just love that tiny flag spilling out over the edge ;) Uber Cute card!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful colours and such a unique and fabulous background to your adorable card x.

Cat Craig said...

I'm gonna have to check out that tutorial. Love your background - so vibrant.

lostinpaper said...

Oh what fun!

*Vicki* said...

That bunny is really cracking me up, but that background looks amazing! Hoping I have time to go check it out!! Thanks for sharing this cute card!! HUGS :)

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, what a sweet bunny, Heidi, and you're background! I LOVE it!! Hugs! xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a fantastic background to show off that cute bunny. I never heard of that technique using a stencil. I love the results you got.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card and love the background.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza. Do I ever like your card. The bunny is perfect for that outstanding background. Great results with your technique and I love the stencil you used.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a tutorial worth checking out, we used to do shaving cream painting with the pre-k kids. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Conniecrafter said...

that bunny just makes me smile, I love the polka dot banner with it!

cuilliesocks said...

Aww this is too cute Heidi, brilliant technique, and colours, love the bunny, Kate x

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is adorable. I love the background. It is really pretty.