Sunday, February 3, 2019

More Credit Card Swipe Technique for a Valentine Card

Hello!  I have been making some more cards using the Credit Card Swipe Technique.  If you need a reminder how to do this, you just use Distress Oxide (or any ink that you can mix water with) and smoosh them on your craft sheet.  Spritz with water and then pick up the ink with an old credit card, and swipe across your paper.  I used regular cardstock here and three colors of Distress Oxide inks (Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet).


I then die cut my background and simply stamped a bold Just for Fun silhouette Bicycle image over top with black Versafine Ink.  I added the die cut LOVE sentiment to make a sort of non-traditional Valentine. I like how it turned out!

Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Heidi, fabulous design, love the bike image and your colours, Kate x

Cat Craig said...

that technique makes such a fabulous background and your card is darling.

April said...

What a great way to use your pretty background! I love the colors.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun technique to try out when the weather has cooled off a bit here, I have saved an old gift card to try it out... thank you for the inspiration... have a wonderful week... Megan

Verna Angerhofer said...

Whoa! I really like this..cool colors too.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a fun design. The background is awesome. It sounds like you are having fun with this background. Nice Bicycle. Certainly is the trend.

*Vicki* said...

Your background turned out incredible!! Really love the colors you've used too!! Great card!

Mac Mable said...

Unique and colourful background with a fun technique and a fabulous non traditional Valentine's card x.

Wendy Bellino said...

Your experiments are beautiful! I adore the plaid effect!

Conniecrafter said...

I do love the plaid look you were able to achieve with this technique!

Karen Dunbrook said...

cute card!
:) Karen