Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Ornate Floral Valentine Card

Hello! Thanks for coming by today.  I am working away on Valentines to send to family.  I try to send to my parents, grandparents and all my nieces and nephews, and of course DH and my own kids. For this card, I combined two different stamps sets and some pretty patterned papers.

I heat embossed the word LOVE and several of the flower stamps with Gold Detail Embossing powder over some patterned paper. I then used water-based markers to color some of the details in the LOVE stamp.  I trimmed all the pieces out.


Then, I used a coordinating piece of patterned paper for my background, and arranged the stamps over top.  The LOVE and two of the little flowers are popped up on foam tape.  I then finished the card by adding some clear glitter Nuvo drops around the card, for embellishment.

I also used the scrap of patterned paper, and some more stamped flowers to finish the inside of the card.  


Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Floral Love -single stamp, Wedding Sheet stamp set, Floral Half Sheet stamp set, Love Nicole Aquarelle 6x6 paper pad, Recollections Gold Detail Embossing powder, Nuvo Crystal Drops Blizzard, purple cardstock from my stash.
(Save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI)

Thank you for all your kind comments. They make my day!

Heidi


12 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous backgrounds and the heat embossing is so pretty Heidi.

Hugs Diane

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Heidi, gorgeous paper, and design, love it, Kate x x

Cat Craig said...

I agree it's stunning. It is my #1 favorite card of yours. Those letters are fabulous and you've found some very pretty paper to go along.

Linda Langes said...

I bet your family will love these beautiful Valentine cards Heidi.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous with the beautiful floral designs and gold embossing.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is just so gorgeous, I love that sentiment stamp and your gold flowers too! I like how you colored the letters in!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

My heavens, this is just so beautiful. The DP and heat embossing really makes your card a show stopper.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful combination of DSP, stamping and fussy cutting. Such beautiful cards x

Marina said...

That love panel is totally gorgeous,like illuminated letters in an antique book. The pretty floral paper keeps it fresh.

*Vicki* said...

That floral paper is gorgeous! Love the colors and I love that elegant gold embossing too!! They look stunning! HUGS

wannabcre8tive said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the paper and the gold embossing is beautiful.

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really beautiful card. You are inspiring me to get my gold embossing powder out!