Friday, January 4, 2019

Recycling Christmas cards into Tags

Happy Friday!  Today I have a quick project idea for recycling Christmas cards that you may have received.  In addition to some lovely handmade cards and store-bought cards from family, I tend to get some generic ones from charities and also extras that have a gift card inside and no message.  



So I made a tag!  The tag base is die cut from the card front, and the poinsettia is also part of that same card.  I added a punched snowflake, decorative brad, stickles and twine.  The tag sentiment is stamped on the back.

I know that I will be happy to have these already made next year when I get out my wrapping supplies!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  And head on over to the Free for All challenge at Splitcoaststampers to see the Recycle a Christmas card challenge.

Have a great day!!

10 comments:

Carol L said...

What a genius idea and a fabulous tag too! Brilliant thinking!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a great idea and a beautiful tag.

Lisa Babitz said...

What a GREAT idea! And your tag is just gorgeous!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous idea Heidi,and yours turned out beautifully.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fabulous tag and idea to use up some Christmas cards. I wonder if you'll periodically do tags throughout the year. I just made 8 Christmas cards as I didn't have mojo to make much this year. Your tag is just so gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration my dear!

Conniecrafter said...

That looks terrific, and yes you can't be too ready for Christmas that's for sure, love how you have layered this and put it all together!

Marina said...

It's great! Really artsy collage look.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous re-cycling and such a unique and wonderful tag x. The layout and elements are wonderful x.

*Vicki* said...

What a very cool and clever tag project!! I love the recycled idea and this looks very mixed media which is something I love about it too!! Nicely done! HUGS

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this...great looking tag filled with great interest.
:) Karen