Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Season’s Greetings Penguins

I hope you are safe and warm after the weekend storm.  It ended up being mostly rain for us, and then the big freeze.

I found this image, already colored, on my craft desk when I was cleaning up, so in this frigid weather, it just seemed like the right time to make it into a card.


The image was colored with alcohol markers, and then I die cut it out.  I also use the same die cut for the red cardstock.  I added some punched little banners that were cut from red lumiere paper.  It adds a subtle shine.

I have really started to appreciate stamps that have the sentiment included.  That really cuts down on time, especially when you might be using it to mass produce your Christmas cards.  Never too early to start thinking about it!

Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Season’s Greetings Penguins, Memento Black ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Gina Marie X Stitched Rectangle dies, American Crafts Let It Snow 6x6 patterned paper, EK Success banner punch.
(Save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps with code SAVE10HEIDI)
Have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I love a penguin card and these guys are darling.

Mac Mable said...

Yes the perfect card for the weather at the moment. So cute and adorable and love the addition of those little red tabs x

*Vicki* said...

I so love penguins and these guys are having so much fun in the snow! If I have to be in snow, then it helps to smile at penguins! Thanks for sharing this fun card! HUGS

Carol L said...

Totally cute and fun with those penguins and I love the background paper!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute the way you used that stamp. I have it as well and it has been a few years since I got it inky.

Conniecrafter said...

These little guys just put a smile on my face, too cute!

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Heidi what a wonderful card, love the penguins, it's a super image. We are very cold here in the North of Scotland, these little guys might like it here. Thank you for your kind comment,Kate x x

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun card, sounds like the penguins might have enjoyed your cold snap. Have a wonderful (and warmer) weekend... Megan

Theresa's Studio said...

Love the cute penguins! Great Patterned Paper!

aussie aNNie said...

Cute card with those ever so cute penguins.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lucky find to come upon an already coloured image. This card is stinkn' cute.

Marina said...

Those penguins are perfectly coloured. I love the bright background paper too.

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute, I love the penguins.