Sunday, January 6, 2019

Beach Cards - One Image/Two Occasions

Hello! I’d like to share a couple beach themed cards.  When the weather gets cold, I tend to use a lot of seasonal stamps, but it is fun to change it up and warm up by using summer stamps in winter weather.


The first card was has the beach scene stamped over patterned paper.  I added a cute pineapple charm to this card. That sentiment is the BEST!  I have been trying to be mindful to create some real vacations in my life, and not just trips that are more work than staying home.  We did a staycation last summer and I highly recommend them!

 I had decided to use this same image as an atypical Sympathy card.  I stamped over a watercolor wash ombré background. I paper pieced a yellow sun/moon (whichever one you are seeing is what it is!) and simply framed it and added a sentiment.  This was a card especially made for my mom, who lost a friend recently.  They had good memories of girls weekend beach vacations, so I thought this image was just the right thing.


Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Pier Silhouette stamp, A Vacation is... sentiment stamp, ODBD Carried to Heaven sympathy stamp set, Versafine black ink,  Love Nicole Aquarelle 6x6 paper pad, other items from my stash.

Thanks for visiting today!!

12 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year to you Heidi, and what two beautiful cards, I love the designs and images, and it makes a very lovely Sympathy card, Kate x

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous image!! I absolutely love how you've presented it in two different ways as well! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Cat Craig said...

Wow, That is such a versatile image. Love it in both cards and I would never have thought a sympathy card would work but it does BEAUTIFULLY.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Heidi these are both so wonderful and well done. I love the scenes.

Bev Polen said...

Such beautiful cards, Heidi! I love the beach scene on both cards. The charm on the first one is a great addition.

Linda Langes said...

What a great sentiment and colours on card # 1 Heidi. Love them both.

Carol L said...

loving the double duty of using this stamp for 2 different occasions! Both are so pretty!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that pattern paper made the perfect background for your first card, love the little charm you added to it also.
On the second it sounds like it was the perfect card for your mother, so sorry for her loss.

April said...

These are wonderful cards! I know your mom will appreciate the card for her friend's family. Great job!

Lisa Babitz said...

These are both beautiful. Love your backgrounds on both.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Okay. You totally rocked out these two cards. I'm absolutely in love with them. Stamping on DP looks terrific on your first card and your watercolour ombre wash is gorgeous too. I really like that stamp.

wannabcre8tive said...

Both cards are beautiful. That is a wonderful image. Your mom will love the card you made for her.